My small fruit tree orchard

Redlove Odysso

7 Likes

Luis, I am surprised inga can survive in your climate. It is really amazing you can grow all that.
Have you tried longan or lichee? Or some of the sapotes?
Larry Ann plum is quite good, I like it a lot

3 Likes

Hello Paul! I missed you! You know a lot and you are much neaded in the forum… :grin:
This inga vulpina is cold hardy…
I still don’t have longan but will have soon. I have two lichee trees that already give flowers but no fruit yet. I have white sapote trees too but no fruits yet…
I’m not shure this is Larry Ann… what do you think? Even so this plum is huge and amazing! :yum:

1 Like

I have 2 longan seedlings in pots. One died…
I have a big inga edulis in pot, its growing fine also. Grows mega fast.
The ingas vulpinas Luis gave me they died also :frowning:
Its hit or miss here with some tropicals.
Black sapote in pot is fine and huge also, canistel in pot is not looking good.

But @Luisport has very green fingers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Don’t worry i will give you pods… but you have to wait and let them grow some years before plant them on ground.

I don’t have much time lately and I ran out of space. I am now replacing only trees that do not perform well. Except that I try some cold hardy subtropicals with mixed results. Once I retire I will have to move to Portugal so I can grow all the goodies!
The Larry Ann you have is somewhat flat so maybe it’s not the real deal but hard to say. Also mine was not so black but it might be the climate, not sure.
Great to see you and Carl, the cornus capitata got from coma and is recovering quite well. Here it is not fully evergreen since it lost some leaves and some turned yellow but I am really happy about it. Lets see how it fares through tougher winters. If I have time this winter I will make a nice package bound to Portugal we will talk more in the winter time :wink:

1 Like

Please send me your adress to send you some inga pods! At least you try it! It’s like a juicy cotton candy with floral/herbal notes… it’s very good! :yum:
All inga varieties have diferent flavors…

1 Like

Oh, if those are growing at your location I recommend you try Green Sapote (Pouteria viridis).

1 Like

Hi! I’m trying to find it…

1 Like

Mine is near fruiting age. I also have phytosanitary clearance for some plants to the EU. Let me check about airlayers of Green Sapote.

1 Like

Really? Thanks!

My new trees starting to arrive… :blush:

6 Likes

Oh my goodness!

1 Like

Yes a lot of trees… the majority are pomegranate varieties… One of them is the pluerry sweet treat, the red quince, kuganskaya quince and the valentine pomelo.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

@Luisport you told us you were running short of space… ahahahahah

2 Likes

Please… don’t be bad! I changed the concept of my collection… in a forest there will be always space… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Grow some vines,to swing through the trees!

3 Likes

I already thought about it… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Some passiflora vines on big trees, dragonfruit and clematis vines on cork trees…

1 Like

Dragonfruit,might be a sticky situation.

1 Like

What variety are those jujubes? Thanks

They are so huge and they look amazing!

1 Like