My small fruit tree orchard

I know this is like giving drugs to an addict but have you heard of “Alligator Pepper” Aframomum danielli , A. citratum or A. exscapum “Grains of Paradise” Aframomum melegueta a wonderfully spicy pepper like seeds of African Ginger plants. We also use it in plenty of Wheat beer recipe’s in the US.

Its usualy sold like this as a dryed up seed pod
But the ripe fruit is also said to be tasty and refressing

https://www.rarepalmseeds.com/ would seem to stock several species.

4 Likes

I saw you where growing Che. There is a south American species whos fruit is edible and remain green when ripe.
https://www.rarepalmseeds.com/maclura-tinctoria

2 Likes

LOL! Yes it’s like a drug…
No i didn’t kow them. I will study them. Thank you very much! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh i think a few of us on here can i identify ourselves as having “issues” with fruiting plants. How does A. Citratum grow indoors?

1 Like

I just got my camellia sinensis plant! :blush:

2 Likes

And my Hirado butan pomelo just arrived too! I will post photos soon! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I just buy one Medinilla magnifica plant. People know it just as an ornamental plant but she is totaly edible including berries and leaves… :blush:

Medinilla berries (berries are very sweet and soft when ripe)

https://busy.org/@ariefebianski/showy-asian-grapes-fruits-that-invite-admiration-48b678d4e70fe

3 Likes

I just found that the name of this fruit is parijoto. Here is some links about it! :grin:

4 Likes

Great perijoto fruit video! This fruit is from Java, Indonesia. They make juice and cook with it too… :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I just buy 4 new trees on Lidl 4 euros each. Two apples Jonagold and Idared, one Redhaven peach and one Harcot apricot! :blush:

8 Likes

Medinilla berries look poisonous! Let us know how these taste please! If Redhaven does good see if you can you get contender peach? I know you don’t need cold hardy and she does have 1k chilling hours needed but she is my tastiest peach and later in the season if you can graft one.

1 Like

LOL yes medinilla berries look poisonous but they are not… you didn’t saw the last video? People juice it! :yum:
My plant is still young but already with 3 buttons… lets see if i manage to get some berries.
Regarding the redhaven peach i read they nead cold… i got some cold here too, lets see if she like to be here… this trees got so cheap that i thought it’s worth a try… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I just buy two airgold kiwi plants and several actinia arguta, one super jumbo, one red jumbo and one chang bai giant. I buy one glenn mango too… :grin:

5 Likes

Finally the photos! :grin:

Dekopon tree

Hirado Butan pomelo

Camelia sinensis

One salamander… :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Another orchid… :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

My landscape this morning… :slightly_smiling_face:

My medinilla plant… :grin:

5 Likes

My two sunflower pawpaws full of flowers…

12 Likes

Everything is looking great @Luisport :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much my friend! All the work is a bit delayed because we are on lockdown. The grass has to be cut and a lot of trees to plant…

2 Likes

Nature thankfully can do some of the work on it’s own, we are just here to help it along :blush: I also love the view you have! Hope that you can catch up in all your tasks :+1:

2 Likes