My small fruit tree orchard

Yes i just cut the grass… we have to do it due the wildfires on summer. Yes my lasdscape is great. Much more beautifull that photo shows… :blush:

2 Likes

Lockdown have good things too… like gardening and dedicating more time to put our house prettier :smiley:

7 Likes

Really like those painted square planters!

1 Like

Thank’s! Those we buy on Lidl store. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

We have a Lidl in NJ now. Non stop protests outside for the first year.

2 Likes

Well i think products on US are different from here…

We have Germans selling us groceries (Aldi, Lidl, etc) and we have Indians at the motels, gas stations, and liquor stores.

I wrote my weekly column this week encouraging everyone to “buy local” and “shop local”…as the stay-at-home requests are really hurting mom and pop businesses. The big corporations will survive most likely, and if there are any hand-outs, they are who will get them, not the local little shop that sells local crafts and produce.

So, grow as much as you can yourself, and shop the local stores, as that money recirculates over and over in the local community.

5 Likes

I buy local most of the time. Just there are some few things that i like on Lidl and Aldi that others don’t have like this good looking planters… :grin:

These look terrific, but the dekopon isn’t the seedling, right? :smiley:

1 Like

LOL! No, the dekopon is from Thailand… by the way i got one “Luan Van” red pomelo too… :grin:

4 Likes

Those look appetizing, but I’ve never tried them.

1 Like

More nice links regarding Luan Van pomelo…

4 Likes

You can read Vietnamese?

1 Like

LOL! I google translate to Portuguese… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The 4 trees i buy on Aldi are very good looking! They are growing well and jonagold apple already have flower buds! :grin:

4 Likes

My Hirado Butan pomelo is looking good! Full of flower buds… :blush:

5 Likes

You are going to live forever eating all the fresh healthy fruits.!!!

4 Likes

LOL! Well not forever, but i hope to leave this fruit garden open to future generations… :wink:

5 Likes

And this are two seed seedling avocados from a very rare variety that one friend from Belize sent me. This avocado have purple fesh! :open_mouth:

This photos are from the original fruit that my friend took…

IMG-1891

7 Likes

Do you do anything special to start the seed?

1 Like