Chojuro nashi pear

Nijisseiki nashi pear

7 Likes

Fiesta apple

Kidd’s Orange Red apple

Surprize apple

Some more info about Surprize apples:

Description
Developed in Kent, this is an exceptional apple like no other! Not only is the skin a glossy orange colour, you are further surprised when you bite into it to reveal pink aromatic flesh that is crisp, juicy and quite frankly delicious! It ripens in early September and is perfect for juicing.

Attributes
This apple is definitely going to be a talking point with its bright orange skin and pink marbled flesh. This new variety not only delivers on looks, its flavour is the perfect mix of sweetness and acidity with crisp aromatic flesh, it’s no wonder it has received the prestigious Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit.
Apple Tree - Surprize - Bowhayes Trees Store

Baya marisa apple

9 Likes

Black Pakistan mulberry

6 Likes

Stanley plum

Red kiwi new growths

7 Likes

Bacon avocado flowers and fruit

11 Likes

Definitively your Spring is sooner than mine… My Pakistan mulberries are juuuust starting to bud out lol.

1 Like

Really? I’m very happy because they are full of green fruits! Illinoys everbering is the only one that didn’t awake yet…

1 Like

I was there today doing some grafting, trying to get more white pakistan / saharanpur on a bigger unproductive tree. Might go there Monday or next week and I’ll take some photos.
They are all budding out but veerery early stages, green buds only. Just the portugal Mulberry is on leaf in the orchard

1 Like

Impressive… my trees are awakening very soon at least regarding yours. Even my apple trees are flowering! :blush:

1 Like

Very nice! What was your coldest winter temperature this winter? Just curious what Bacon can handle without dropping its fruit.

1 Like

We got 3 weeks of strong frosts in January, min temp -2,5C. But this tree got -6,5C 5 years ago! It was min temp record in all this region and most avocado trees died in this area…

1 Like

I am still a ways off seeing blooms here. Seeing yours makes me happy because I know it won’t be a lot longer and I will start seeing this as well. Great pics!

1 Like

Thank you very much my friend! Soon you will see the spring signs everywere… :grin:

1 Like

Today i saw a very big avocado tree totally burned! All leaves and brunches are brown, butIt’s a big tree so it will recover… this winter was very strong here. I even got one big orange tree dead and one white sapote killed too.

1 Like

How big was the White Sapote and was there ever fruit?

1 Like

Hi! It was big but never fruited… i planted him last year.

1 Like

First pawpaw flower

Surprize apple flowers

13 Likes

Do you hand pollinate, or use any tricks to attract carrion flies (the natural pollinator)? I’ve heard of people hanging out raw meat and stuff but seems to me hand pollinating would be less likely to attract pest animals! :grin:

1 Like

Hi! No. I spread sugar on base of the tree and on top of flowers to atract ants and put the juice garbadge on base of the tree to atract flies

2 Likes

My Red Center Lime is shooting flower buds for the first time and i already have micro finger limes on my Purple Bliss! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes