My small fruit tree orchard

Surprize apple flowers :blush:

8 Likes

Fortunately, mine are not that far along…but Niedzwetzkyana is showing pink buds already.

1 Like

Hi! You have surprize variety?
I have several apple varieties already with flower buds almost open… most of them for the first time! :blush:

No, not Surprize…at least I don’t have anything that goes by that name…some things have been renamed

(Such as ‘Firecracker’, also called “Bill’s Red Flesh”–which I have–and it might squeeze a bloom this year).

I’ll have blooms on Odysso, Niedzwetzkyana and Redfield. If I get other red fleshed that bloom this year, I’ll be delighted, but those are the only 3 I am certain at this point.

I do have several on B-9, B-118, and G890 that may ‘surprise’ me with blooms–2019 grafts.

3 Likes

That’s great! Regarding surprize variety maby was renamed, but it’s so diferent looking that it will be recognized.

Bamboo shoots and asparagus :yum:

8 Likes

Cherry flowers

Kidd’s Orange Red apple

Red Falstaff apple

Baya Marisa apple

6 Likes

Hostas sprouting

Glicinia flowers

7 Likes

8 Likes

I love Weisteria. I thought it is vine. Can it be trained to a tree form?

2 Likes

Hi! Yes it is a vine but can be trained to form a tree…

It is a vine with a main stem that can grow to be very thick like a tree. The ends of the limbs where the new takes place is sometimes dangerous, if planted next to another tree. It takes patience and pruning to create a wisteria tree. It can strangle another tree!

3 Likes

Blackberries

8 Likes

Black Pakistan mulberry

White Pakistan mulberry

11 Likes

Ashmead’s Kernel apple

Baya Marisa apple

Shipova pear

8 Likes

Grape vines sprouting

9 Likes

Luis in my brain when i look at all your pictures i think you have a amazing orchard and area but i also think you have started to expand your garden to walkways to the park and other areas!

2 Likes

LOL! Thank’s! But i’m expanding to put my trees too close of each other… hope not, but i think so… i just can’t have less varieties! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We get pretty creative when we are running out of space :grinning:

2 Likes

LOL You bet! :rofl:

2 Likes