My small fruit tree orchard

Sure, send me one please :slight_smile:
Hows you araca boi seeds??

1 Like

Ok. Araça boi seeds are well but not sprouting yet.

1 Like

Bacon avocado

6 Likes

Apple collection update: (48)

Arkansas Black, Black Oxford, Lolita, King David, 2 Yellow Transparent, Ghost, Brownless Russet, Worcester Pearmain, King of the Pippins, 2 Pink Lady Cripps, Fiesta, Rubinette, Rubinette Rosso, Pinova, Kids Orange Red, Red Falstaff, Royal Gala, Starking, Topaz, Orange Crisp, Grossa di Trento, Ashmead’s Kernel, Calville Blanc d’Hiver, Junami, Crimson Crisp, Opal, Modi, Renè, Zari, Kanzi, Ambrosia, Ladina, Golden Delicious, Honeycrisp, Idared, Merkur, Sirius, Barby, 2 Northern Spy, Kandil Sinap, Katy, Gravenstein, Karmijn de Sonnaville, Beauty of Bath…

2 Likes

I think you need to edit the title of your thread. :grin:

ps
If that’s your apple collection, did you put your red fleshed apples in the cherry collection?

2 Likes

LOL! It’s still small… high density fruit tree orchard… :rofl:
Call me crazy please… :crazy_face:

I don’t have cherry collection, just 3 cherry trees. I put my apple trees in the midle of olive trees and grape vines… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So, your red / rosso apples died?

No, this list is just for regular apples… but i will update my redflesh apple varieties soon… :grin:

Have to keep an eye out for the irregular apples, eh?

1 Like

Yellow and purple araças

14 Likes

Portuguese apple varieties collection update: (12)

Porta da Loja
Bravo de Esmolfe
Riscadinha de Palmela
Pipo de Basto
Casa Nova
Reineta Parda
Camoesa Fina
Camoesa Rosa
Três ao Prato
Verdinha
Pé de Boi
Dom Rufino

5 Likes

What does it taste like?

2 Likes

it’s been a few months since I tried it, but the Inga edulis pulp I had straight from the pods was very sweet, though I probably wouldn’t exactly compare the flavor to vanilla ice cream. The texture was bizarre; cottony and juicy at the same time - now that I think about it, in the good pods the taste of the pulp kind of reminded me more of molasses or fresh spun cotton candy. The less good ones (overripe? IDK - some seeds were already sprouting in each pod!) the pulp had a bit of a funky vegetal note but was otherwise still very sweet. The flesh is super hard to get all of it off of the large seeds. From what I understand, the seeds are poisonous unless roasted but are easy to avoid due to size

3 Likes

Yes that’s it, it’s like juicy cotton candy! :yum:
But those i tried were very easy to separate pulp from seed. It’s very good flavor and some varieties are more floral flavor but always sweet.
Another good thing is that all ingas grow very fast!

3 Likes

That is great to hear about the pulp being able to be separated easily in the ones you had, in the pods I had tried, I kind of had to tongue wrestle the pulp off of the seed lol There was a nice amount of pulp though, it was worth it!

I’m wondering how variable Inga pods are from tree to tree and if quality can vary a lot between pods on the same tree. I’ve got three or four seedlings growing from the best pods I ate, but they will surely outgrow my space in 3-5 years

3 Likes

Well there are hundreads of inga varieties, and i think some variability on same variety, but not on same tree… By the way not all inga seeds are poisonous. There are some varieties like inga paterna seeds that local populations eat.

Comiendo semillas de paterna con sal limon y chile - YouTube

-Comiendo Las Ricas Semillas De Paterna Con Sal🧂 Y Limón🍋- - YouTube

2 Likes

Pluot & hybrids collection update: (6)

Dapple Dandy
Flavor Supreme
Flavor Heart
Flavor Queen
Flavor King

Peacotum Bella Gold

3 Likes

I hope your Bella Gold does better than mine,with no fruit and being about 8 years old.

1 Like

Really? What’s the best polinators for him? Mine is side by side of my pluots…

Dave Wilson Nursery has Blenheim Apricot and Flavor Grenade Pluot as pollinators.So.probably Apricots/Apriums and Pluots/Asian Plums should work.

1 Like