Thanks! Mine is near pluots and apricots so it should work… i hope! :grin:

Musa Dajiao flower… :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

7 Likes

More banana photos… I’m soo happy! :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Your orchard is amazing Luis!

3 Likes

Thank you very much my friend! It will be more interesting in some years with all the fruit trees i’m planting go bigger… but it’s amazing to see almost everything in place and things like banana trees fruiting for the first time! I’m really happy! :grin:

6 Likes

Luis it is very exciting to get fruit from a tree or plant for the first time. I am hoping I have my first ‘caviar’ limes this summer. I am crossing my fingers for good luck! I hope to see some flowers. I also really want a manderine. I have a local source but they do not have named varieities. I have gotten great suggestions for varieities from Californicus. Do you have a favorite tangerine or mandarine?

5 Likes

Hi! Thank’s! Yes that’s really exciting to see trees fruiting for the first time!
People say that okitsu, owari and clemenules are very good…

2 Likes

Thanks Luis!

1 Like

You welcome! :+1:

Fatima really has a nice micro climate luis… all my bananas died… lol… even the psidium cattleianum are alive but growing slow… pitangas are strugling also and white sapote alive but has grown 0 for the last 3 years. Lol.
Yesterday i was at the farm grafting several of my mulberries with the long berries ones (himalayan, taiwan long mulberry and saharanpur). I want biiiig berries ahah

1 Like

Hello Carlos! It’s not Fátima, this is really a microclimate in this valey. It’s oriented E-W so it’s open to a more humid and temperated sea air.

2 Likes

Tangerine… Don’t know the variety

9 Likes

Nashi pear collection update: (10)

Korean Giant
Niitaka
Tsu Li
Ya Li
Shin Li
New Arirang
Chojuro
Nutiika
Benita
One unknown wrong tag variety

4 Likes

Dapple Dandy pluot flowers

Almond flowers

Snow Queen nectarine flowers

9 Likes

Da Jiao bananas growing well… :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Redflesh apple collection: (21)

Baya Marisa
2 Redlove Odysso
Hidden Rose
2 Pink Pearl
Surprize
Bloody Ploughman
Pink Princess
Rubaiyat
Purple Passion
2 Red Devil
Mott’s Pink
Weirouge
Simontornya Veralma
Scarlet surprise
Blush Rosette
Grenadine
Rosette
Abbondanza Rossa

5 Likes

Luis, I don’t understand it. You are in zone 9 and I am in 9a-b. And you grow far more delicate things than we do. Like bananas! Wow!!!

2 Likes

Hi! Hello how are you? Congratulations for your lemons! :+1:

Well i’m always playing with the micro-climates present on my land. I have big cork trees and the areas near my house are much more protected from frosts.
This banana variety is very very hardy and resisted to hard winters… you can get it too… it’s from France! :blush:

4 Likes

Luis that is funny!!! My lemons were spectacular there are still 8 on the tree. I bet my crop will be smaller this year as all of the leaves fell off. We had no frost this year! Amazingly warm all winter long just two blasts of the Mistral.

3 Likes