NectaPlum

Oh no. No signs of canker or borers?

Mine got horrible cankers late last year. I pruned the tree hard and it responded great this year. Hope you find the answer.

1 Like

Keep us updated if you find out why.

Sorry to hear thatā€¦

Must have been some bad roots. My citation rooted tree grows like gangbusters. It needs 2 rounds of summer pruning to hold it at 8 feet.

What will you be replacing it with?

Not sure ā€¦ NectaPlum sure is tasty

2 Likes

At least this year, it was my best stone fruit.

1 Like

Yes they are! I would try one of the Honey series, if you donā€™t have one. Or replace it. My thoughts since itā€™s the only tree in trouble, it probably was girdled roots from being in a pot beforehand. It could be peach short life disease too? If that is in you area? I donā€™t know much about that one? As does anybody actually! Killed with kindness? Let us know what you think when all is said and done.

1 Like

There is a white mycelium that propagates in the 3-4" deep 1" redwood bark in most of our planters. It occasionally sends up small-headed white mushrooms. Apparently itā€™s been thriving on the nutrients I fertigate with and in that particular planter choked out the NectaPlum roots. :frowning:

Itā€™s my fault really, I thought my only threat in the soil was anaerobic bacteria of which there were no signs last year ā€“ so I didnā€™t soil drench this winter with copper. Looks like I need to anyway to keep the mycelium from getting out of hand.

4 Likes