Oh Che what have I done

BTW to search for Che in the forum search for "Che " and include the space.

Is it possible for a Che grafted to Osage Orange to go dormant for an entire year? I swear I do not remember either the mail in the foreground or the female in the background leafing out last year. Ignore the random ebay rubus seedling. Anyway both scions are still green and the female is showing signs of leaf out this year.

I mistakenly bought some Maclura cochinchinensis thinking it was a yellow Chi cultivar when it turns out to be a diffrent species that just produces yellow fruit. The seeds where quite fresh and the saw dust not quite dry so they started sprouting in the bag 2 weeks ago. I transferred the survivors to a bag a few days ago and they are taking off. I dont know cold tolerance at all but in a few years I hope to graft it to the Che above.
I am also interested in growing a Green and edible fruited Chi Maclura tinctori https://www.rarepalmseeds.com/maclura-tinctoria

I located a source in Germany at Rare Palm Seeds but I am trying to spread the shipping costs out. If you want to join my order or let me know.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Is that good or bad?

good.

2 Likes

They sprouted

My title is overly dramatic. I though though I was buying a yellow che turned out to be a diffrent Che cousin. Then the seeds came in moist saw dust and sprouted in the bag weeks before I was ready to try planting them.

1 Like