Ordering from Arboreum

Arboreum has always had lousy customer service. You send a check and then you hope one day that your trees will arrive – preferably when you’re not on vacation – as you’ll never get a follow-up or shipping e-mail from them. Their only positive is that they offer trees found nowhere else – my beloved low chill Spadona di Salerno pear came from them four years ago.

They have always sent whatever I ordered, however doubtful I became of receiving anything.

The owner has a perhaps undeserved reputation as the “fruit crank” (see the Fruit Hunters book for example) but definitely don’t expect any customer service at all … and you won’t be disappointed. I have gotten a few great things from them, the Hesse plumcot being my favorite.

1 Like

Arboreum is just Arboreum. They will send you your trees. If they are out they will let you know. Like Scott and at20, I order from them almost every year (until I totally run out of space) because they sell obscure varieties that appeal to me. They have never let me down. Many of my trees are from them and they are all excellent.

2 Likes

As an update: I saw today that Arboreum finally cashed my check. So I’m starting to think I might get my trees!

1 Like

I just looked and saw it due to your post, but they cashed the first check yesterday.

Encouraging sign.

I just ordered Moniqui white apricot and the Pearl euro plum!

Like Scott and Mrs. G, I’ve always received my trees from Arboreum, but almost never had any communication. The trees just show up. It’s a very different way of running a business (and frustrating to the customer) but it seems to work for them.

1 Like

Yes,they cashed mine too.Yay! Brady

I just got a response (from my November email). I merged two orders together for shipping purposes (see post #4 in the thread) and they responded today “Thank you, the trees will go out together”. I feel a lot better/safer about my order now.

Had a nice long chat with Arboreum, all is well. You will get your trees. New surprises for next year too! Hang in!

2 Likes

Don’t keep us in suspense! What are the surprises???

And no surprise? No can do, sorry. :watermelon:

2 Likes

I also received this morning an e-mail from Arboreum, saying that my trees are on their way.

How safe is this company?

I really want to place an order. I want to buy a Marconna Almond for my breeding project, but I’m a little bit concerned about their online security.

What’s the payment method that they offer?

I don’t think that you have anything to worry about in terms of them protecting your credit card info- they don’t take any. You reserve the trees and give them your address through the site, but then you need to send them a check.

Do they accept money orders?

Yes. From my invoice:

Thank you for your business. Please print out a copy of this invoice and send to us by U S Mail, together with your payment. You should save this order or print it out for your own records.

The Arboreum Company
P.O. Box 1804
Morgan Hill, CA 95038

Don’t I have to pay you?
Yes! All orders are to be accompanied by payment of the invoice amount by check or money order payable to “The Arboreum Company.” Unfortunately we are not equipped to receive payments by credit card yet.

What happens next?
First we must determine that we can fulfill your order. If we discover we can’t complete all of your order, we will call or email you to see if you would like to substitute with a different variety. We do not create backorders for the next season’s delivery (not all varieties are propagated each year). We refund instead.

Charges associated with agricultural certifications or custom shipping will be advised by the confirming email, and your order as confirmed will not be shipped until payment in full is received. If payment is not received by end of our shipping season, your order is cancelled, and payment refunded to you.

We deliver the goods
Once everything is paid for, we pack up your fruit trees and ship ’em out!

1 Like

They are very good.

I would imagine yes, they are cash.

1 Like

Does anyone have a coupon code for arboreum that would like to share?