Panaché Fig

!
The others fig trees are the same label, except the Panache

I trust the Monrovia brand. They have their own distribution system and a good reputation.

Yeah that is deceptive. Yes that Panache is another fig. never heard of it? And I know figs!

Welcome btw Minh, if you could post your location in your profile, that can help us with further suggestions.

I could try to root you the true Panache over the winter, but I’m not cheap! :slight_smile: Or I could send cuttings, I charge there too. I don’t take cuttings until February. PM me for details.

Yes, the green wood is striped. As it ages the stripes disappear. So I would say the name is deceptive, but they don’t show a variegated fig. Their are 4 or 5 other variegated figs, some are amazing looking. I have a small Fiorone Oro aka Oro Rosato, which also is variegated. The interior is more amber. I have not had any figs. My plant is 5 inches tall and it may not survive my winter. I’m going to try and keep it alive!

1 Like

“Higuera Panache” is just Spanish for “Panache fig”. The picture on Desert King does not right either, those are main crop figs and Desert King is known for brebas.

@Minh, I see one leaf in the background that looks like it might have fig bud mite symptoms. If you post pictures of the plants that might help narrow down what you actually bought, and tell if they likely have fig bud mites too

Wich one ? From the panache ?

In many locations, yes. But the breba crop does not ripen properly in portions of the west.

2 Likes

All of them if you want, the leaves and the biggest unripe figs you can find, you might even have more than 2 varieties.

edit. oh, you mean which one looks like it has fig bud mite symptoms…Yes, the Panache.

1 Like

This is for the Panache

!
I worry more about the panache fig tree than the others.

I don’t see any spots on that leaf, if they are on lower leaves only that could just be some FMV.

What other varieties did they have at Lowes? I’ve only seen Mission, Celeste, Kadota and Brown Turkey here and it doesn’t look very much like any of them.

@Minh, you and I have weather unlike that east of the rockies. I believe the fruits you see are a false breba crop – I am also experiencing this on my VdB fig. So I’m still uncertain whether the fruits you see now are what you’ll see next late Spring.

Also, the colored wood seen in @Drew51’s pictures is what I’d see in my current year growth but the bark on your tree matches my older growth.

The photo on your Panache tag is highly suspect – perhaps the tag designer used the same photo for all their fig trees. Is there a mention on the tag of “supplied by” ?

@Richard, it’s the only tag that I got, but I watch on YouTube and this guy buy at Lowe’s, and you can see the same tag than mine
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FRcrXqhp8SA

Hmm the mystery deepens. Let’s wait and see what the next crop looks like. Richard may be right?

That could very well be why.

Yes and one photo shows some, and it isn’t striped. (post 57). Agree though, one should wait to see what they look like next year. Those figs shown (post 53) though don’t look at all like panache, mine are striped very early and mostly yellow, not green when very small.

1 Like

Thank you for your helps, will see what’s gonna happens in a few weeks ,
I’m gonna stay positive :joy:

1 Like

Usually there is a wholesaler sticker on the pot somewhere and then a tag on the tree. Sometimes box stores put there own retail labels on which may be wrong. If you can find the wholesaler sticker I would trust that.

1 Like

@GeorgiaGent @Richard found it

It’s C&M Nsy Nipomo, CA 93444

1 Like

Did the sticker have a variety printed on it?

1 Like

So you have two Panache Fig trees, one from C&M and another from La Verne? The latter is a reliable source.

I bought both at Lowe’s :joy:
Got the same tag on the pot