PawPaw Tasting with Dr. Charlie West Branchburg, New Jersey

Dr West is doing a tasting and tour at his farm again this year. I attended last years and learned a great deal. Did not taste nearly as many PawPaw as i hoped but it was still nice.

5 Likes

Great link. I have been wanting to plant some PawPaws and this article may help me select some to try growing.

2 Likes

Paw Paw Webinar Saturday Saturday, May 2 from 9:30-10:30AM

with Charles West

On May 2nd, 2020, from 9:30 – 11:30 Webinar with Dr. Charlie West at West Farm Nursery and learn some basic plant propagation techniques specifically applicable to the North American Pawpaw. Techniques to be demonstrated and discussed will be: Hand Pollination, Seed Germination, and Basic Grafting procedures.

One of the problems pawpaw enthusiasts often encounter is a lack of fruit set following flowering. This is often due to a lack of natural pollination vectors. Early May is the prefect time to learn firsthand how to hand pollinate pawpaws flowers, and thus hopefully increase fruit production

Correct technique and some perseverance are needed to successfully germinate pawpaw seeds. Technique and germinating seeds in various stages will be demonstrated and discussed. Seeds will be given out for home germination to those who want them.

Please register

2 Likes