Pineapple Guava Feijoas Rootstock

I didn’t plan to graft Feijoas but thanks to @disc4tw Tipped me off to check Fruitwood Nursery. There a source of cuttings i didnt know existed.
Pineapple Guava Cutting or Scion Wood (fruitwoodnursery.com)

They also have rootstock plants for $8 Pineapple Guava Cutting or Scion Wood: Pineapple Guava Rootstocks

But this Amazon vendor @ 4.33 each takes the cake price wise.
** Amazon.com : 9Greenbox Mature Nice Plants, Pineapple Guava, 4 Pound (Pack of 6) : Grocery & Gourmet Food**

1 Like

The plants in your picture don’t look like feijoa/pineapple guava. The leaves are pointed instead of rounded at the tip, and they also look smooth rather than fuzzy on the undersides. Your plants look more like strawberry guava (Psidium cattleyanum) to me.

1 Like

These are feijoas - note the shape and the lighter green fuzzy underside of the leaves.

3 Likes

I’ve ordered feijoa seedling plugs from Fruitwood Nursery - they’re small plants but healthy and cheap. And they’re definitely feijoas.

Crap your right. This vendor does not carry guava’s but they do sell Jasmins and these look like Jasmins to me now that I think about it.

My Fejoia looks like the @ncdabbler plant too. I’ve also read (somewhere on this forum) that they are challenging to graft, ESPECIALLY the older ones like I have. That said, I have yet to get flowers or fruit on my poor potted plants so air layers and grafting may be in my future. You have to at least try, right?

Some of the customer’s pictures,on the Amazon website,that is linked,look to me like Feijoas.

Jasmine is the first thought that came to my mind, seeing your pics (specifically star/Madison star jasmine)

I had no trouble grafting two feijoa cultivars using cleft grafts with dormant first-year hardened wood, performed in early spring. Another one that I tried later in spring had total failure, though. I’m planning to try again this spring for the failed one, not sure if it was timing related or if that particular plant is just tougher to graft.

4 Likes