Pink Lemonade

PL Looking good as of now.

16 Likes

Let us know how it tastes.

2 Likes

Glad to see others growing this one! I have three young bushes and I really like them. They have a flavor a lot like service berries to my taste.

I have it too. I like them a lot, more than blueberries. The taste is like some sweet lemony blueberry, not acid at all! I love it!

6 Likes

I like all my different types of blueberries. To me PL is a little milder tasting than the others. Without bird protection most people pick rabbit eyes before they reach full sweetness.

1 Like

I prefer pink popcorn but pink lemonade is :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I thought about growing it, but low production in colder zones and I don’t have any rabbiteyes. Pink Popcorn I do grow.

1 Like

Mine fruited last year along with the pink popcorns. I prefer the cotton cotton candy flavor of pink popcorn. Pink lemonade has a distinct tropical under flavor. I’ll definitely say it’s unique.

1 Like

I have one as well and it bloomed more this year than it ever has! I never get much if anything from it though… if it doesn’t do well this year I may move it to another spot so I don’t have to mow around it as much :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My neglected Pink Lemonade bush. PL on the right and Climax grafted on left rear sprout.

4 Likes

This year my five year year old Pink Lemonade actually has blossoms.

2 Likes

Good luck and I hope you get a bunch of berries.

Thanks. I did threaten it with a one way trip to the woods.

2 Likes

I didn’t think the birds would notice the PL starting to ripen. Birds notice everything especially if it can be consumed. This morning I did a quick net job. The birds were hopping around the net as soon as I walked off.

6 Likes

Tasted my first Pink Lemonade today, it was very good! Super sweet with a subtle blueberry flavor and the color is just fun. Production seems to be quite a bit lower than other blueberries of the same size bush, but my 3 are still quite small

3 Likes

I planted one but it won’t be until next year I think to get fruit to try.

Blueberries finished here over a month ago…

1 Like

The pink lemonades are coming ripe just as all my other blueberries are finishing. Definitely the latest variety of anything I have planted. I planted 3 pink popcorns this spring, I’m curious to compare those, but it will be 2-3 years before they start producing

2 Likes

I just ordered one small plant to try.

1 Like

I have Pink Popcorn. The berries have a waxy texture I’m not fond of. The plant has been declining, I under-watered it last year and it’s trying to recover but appears to be a losing battle.
I’m not going to replace it.
All other plants were fine for me last year including a first leaf Nocturne blueberry. A hybrid of rabbiteye and high bush. The berries are gun metal black. Very sweet too. I’m impressed! Handled the winter here just fine.
I heard the problem with pink lemonade is it is part rabbiteye and doesn’t get very good pollination from northerns. Maybe adding Nocturne is the solution?
Or any rabbiteye. I need one that is hardy. Oh btw the same breeders developed both pink lemonade and Nocturne.

3 Likes

Our farm up in PA is doing very well with them, a little on the smaller side, but tasty nonetheless!

6 Likes