Plant identification please

My mom got this from my sister for Mothers Day. It doesn’t have any tags and there are no more left from the box store.

1 Like

Might be some kind of Gardenia.

Does it smell wonderful?

1 Like

Azalea? Saw something like that in a local store but pink, didn’t read the label but it looked like azalea.

2 Likes

Azalea as well. Gardenia foliage is more substantial and glossy.

One smell will eliminate gardenia (they are highly fragrant)

Scott

1 Like

It actually doesn’t smell, or at least to me.

Googling those two it looks like both. It doesn’t have much of a fragrance so it must be an Azalea Tree right?

It is azalea, double flower.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the help. She says its an Azalea too, now that I told her. I’ll get her a big pot and pot it up for her. She’s to old to take care of plants so I take care of her plants.

1 Like

Keep the potting mix acidic.

1 Like

Thanks, I have some Alum I used to tan some deer skins with that has pictures of Azaleas on the bag. I guess it will change the colors too.

2 Likes

That’s weird, I was reading about using aluminum sulfate with azaleas and a lot of articles say it’s toxic to the roots. I knew it was toxic, but the bag itself acts like it’s the stuff acid loving plants like. I did know you don’t want to eat any plants that you feed it to because it’s toxic to us. Glad I didn’t use it.

I picked an old thread to ask a question about a plant growing in my yard.Is this a Mint or maybe Sage?Thanks,bb

Looks like catnip.

I get half a dozen plants a year just from volunteers.

Scott

3 Likes

Thanks,Scott.Maybe a neighbor’s cat started the plant.bb

2 Likes

@Bradybb likely a bird, i tried to plant like 4 transplants a couple years back(i like it with mint in a tea mix) and the neighbots cat found and rolled/rubbed them all to death!

2 Likes

Anyone know what this volunteer could be? I have a few of them crop up this year.

Looks like a trumpet vine. Campsis.

Scott

3 Likes

Yeah, Scott is right. That is trumpet vine. Kill it with fire!!! (They are pretty but incredibly invasive)

2 Likes

Have you seen the flowers? If so, what color? Catnip would be white, catmint purple.

2 Likes

The plant was noticed about twenty minutes before taking the picture.Thanks,I’ll be looking for any blooms.Do cats like both of them?bb