Red fleshed pears

I already saw that Rainbow name… i don’t know the diferences between it and Ju Hong.
I allways want to call the real name. It’s like Panzao and donut jujube… for me is Panzao. But if you want to call it another thing is up to you.

2 Likes

@Luisport

The leaves are red and skin of the fruit, but my understanding is that the flesh was white on that pear. The foliage is fascinating. Joeys red fleshed pear does not have red floiage. Red skinned pears that i grow do not have red foliage. That is a very interesting variety! Looking forward to seeing the color of the blooms when you post them later. Have never seen a pear that didn’t have mostly white blooms. It is worth noting some buds have some pink in the bloom. Harrow sweet and others are like that. If the pear has pink blooms that would be truly rare.

3 Likes

It will be very interesting once they both fruit. Will be funny to find out it turns out to be one same variety :smile:

2 Likes

@candyflipper

It is likely the foliage and other things will give it away much sooner. We will all be waiting to find out.

2 Likes

Some chinese sellers are offering Pysanka under the name “yellow green stripe pear”, so I wouldn’t be surprised Ju Hong is sold as “rainbow pear” or “early red stripe pear”.
But only time will tell

2 Likes

@Luisport

Maybe @tonyOmahaz5 can clarify what that variety is. It came up on the reddy robin pear thread. Reddy Robin Asian Pear . They are seperate pears ofcourse.

2 Likes

Reddy Robin is an interesting hybrid, I am still waiting for it to fruit.

2 Likes

The Red Asian pear in my collection is this one.

Here is mine.

Tony

3 Likes

I discussed it with a friend. He also caught Raimbow this year and he also has other yellow red striped Asian varieties. He has the Zao Su red striped. It confirms this variety and other news. :wink:

2 Likes

The shape is different and the red is very faded.
In the interesting hybrids with red leaves identical to Ju Hong, there is Piqa Boo.
Piqa boo’s growth is much better than Ju Hong who I find weak.

4 Likes

So what’s the main diferences between Zaosu Red and Ju Hong?
The rainbow pear is the Zaosu Red?
Thanks!

2 Likes

I will tell you when I have the fruits of the 2 varieties. I’ll ask my boyfriend for the Zao Su red striped later. Its tree produces fruits identical to the photo of the Early crisp. For me the name Early crisp is associated with the sale of seeds of the Zao Su red striped fruit. It only engages me. But for me Early crisp does not exist.
The Raimbow is perhaps a mutation of Zao Su red, it is especially more felt.

3 Likes

So Zao Su red is different from Ju Hong right?

1 Like

Tak, yes, oui…

I made some pears that arrived yesterday.
Let’s get back to the subject. There is the Granatbirne and the Bloodbirne Roll.
Tonight I’m sorting out the pears to make redflesh that are in the fridge.

7 Likes

I was in Ukraine, and since the coup in 2014, US businesses have bought up (at ridiculous prices due to the collapse of government, economy, and law) most of the country’s farmland and all that wonderful agricultural diversity quickly started disappearing.

I expect that this is a Monsanto goal to eliminate heirlooms and diversity.

1 Like

Are you dipping your grafts in wax? Won’t that flow into the graft union and prevent healing?

Yes, I have been diving directly into wax for 30 years. No problem. The wax freezes quickly without entering the wound.

Mosanto keeps genetics for its research, so beauty doesn’t disappear completely. He will need it afterwards… But he imposes his/her selections which allow this biodiversity to be destroyed. It is in this logic that advances to make profits. But it seems to me that Mosanto has been bought out. It must be part of the Bayer group. The whole GMO has done u harm to this company.

1 Like

This is the Rotlottig Frau Oster tree I planted in my neighbor’s yard in bloom for the first time.

5 Likes

Not exactly red flesh pear but interesting nonetheless. My Piqa Boo is blooming for the 1st time.
Also grafted the Rainbow pear (picture is not mine, sent by a friend)

12 Likes