Show Off Your Figs and "This year Harvest"

We’re in Virginia. I got my Olympian as a tissue culture from Wellspring almost 3 years ago. Not sure why it’s been so slow to grow. I think I may try to trade for cuttings of it this year and see if I can get a more vigorous copy. It’s suppose to be a great fig!

1 Like

Chicago Hardy is an underrated fig. Flavor is delicious and bounty is abundant. It’s very similar to our mystery, but fruits on HC are bigger. Mystery has a stronger berry flavor, but if mixed in a bowl would probably be very hard to tell apart.

14 Likes

LSU Purple and LSU Strawberry, second and first year respectively. Expecting both to be even better in the years to come, though I enjoy both quite a lot.

A bit of drier, less humid weather these last few days has been great for concentrating the figs.

10 Likes

Some of the usual suspects ripening earliest again this season.

14 Likes

My monster Chicago Hardy…

Today… Sept 3rd… that tall shoot is 11 ft 6 inches.

It is finally starting to ripen fruit this year. Latter than usual for some reason…

TNHunter

10 Likes

Verdolino

Conadria (In Ground)

VDB vs my “Brunswick” (Both In Ground)

Green Ischia

Yellow Long Neck (In Ground)

11 Likes

LSU Purple surprised me today. Usually it’s a sugar fig with a kinda cantaloupe or maaaaaaybe apricot undertone. This one was sugar and light berry. I guess enough pigments from the skin developed the flavor. An inch away from overripe, but picked just in time.

5 Likes

First ripe main crop of the season for me! Also first time trying Celigia Dolce. The aroma from slicing them open was intoxicating! Very delicious fig! Grown in ground 7A central PA!

4 Likes

Panache

7 Likes

A few more early varieties are starting to come on.

10 Likes

Not mine but interesting LSU Purple?

Looks like a big Cherry Bomb :crazy_face:

9 Likes

That is, by far, the roundest LSU Purple I’ve ever seen. Weird.

2 Likes

First harvest from my Chicago Hardy this year… many more to come.

8 Likes

I dont grow it… just thought it was a nice pic.

Looks similar to some pics…but not to others.

1 Like

Bourjasotte Grise, an unknown fig, Mara des Bois and some alpines

4 Likes

Real nice Green Michurinska with some honey in the eye.

5 Likes