Show Off Your Figs and "This year Harvest"

They were good but main is a little better. I waited for the last possible day to pick it. Breba are bigger so that made them worth it.

Processing: IMG_0155.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_0154.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_0157.jpeg…
LSU Hollier is an amazing fig. Already pumping out figs and they are great.

I have some recent fig grafts on older trees that aren’t growing much at all. Can I speed this up by fertilizing and watering? I’m gradually removing competing branches to throw more energy into the grafts but want some nurse branches to draw sap.

My CH Fig is looking good this year… shoots getting tall and thick. That tallest one is near 7 ft now. Many of those will get 9 10 11 ft tall by season end.

6 Likes

Sure you can , you want graft to grow well .

1 Like

Figs Figs everywhere…

8 Likes

what you feeding these?! they look great

1 Like

Each spring when I take it out of winter protection… i rake back the mulch layer and add half a wheelbarrow of compost…then rake the mulch back on.

That plus a few handfulls of planttone organic fertilizer.

It is a strong grower. Some of those shoots will reach 10 11 ft by October. I will be harvesting with a step ladder by then.

It is not uncommon for us to get 400+/- figs from it in a season.

It is a Chicago Hardy.

TNHunter

6 Likes

This is an update of my four inground no protection figs. From right to left Malta Black , Carini , Salem Dark and Hardy Chicago . There are thousand plus figs sets this year and decent amount of Breba crop. Breba crop should be ready by the end of this month. Almost every branch is loaded , here are some close ups of the branches .

10 Likes

I was totally wrong about breba crop because yesterday I was looking and picked these and lot more :smile:. Salem Dark and Hardy Chicago Breba.

12 Likes

First Breba ever! LSU Hollier. Watery but mildly sweet and refreshing.

8 Likes

Today’s harvest. Pictured BNR, Preto/siblings, CCN, Crozes, Labritja, Sicilian 33

14 Likes

Yesterdays Harvest:

17 Likes

Getting a lot better at picking at peak ripeness. All in ground, expect for Violet de Bordeaux and Verdolino

16 Likes

my figs are poorly this year: just starting to take off with new growth, old crop barely starting to ripen. I’ll be putting them in the greenhouse in September to get more heat to ripen that main crop.

love seeing the fruit photos on here, gives me hope.

Peters honey looks delicious! that’s my favorite- pale and juicy

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that! Some of my varieties are also not doing much this year, like Olympian and Yellow Long Neck, several others…

We love the honey figs! That Peter Honey wasn’t completely ripe yet, I just have no patience sometimes, especially on the first couple.

2 Likes

I’m interested in white Baca fig

Picked up about 500 figs yesterday from my four in ground figs , after giving to friends and family these left . Figs are loaded this year only issue is the rain , ideally I like to keep hanging these for a day or two more but there was rain in couple hours so had to pick these.

18 Likes

Top: Atreano, Olympian,
Bottom: LSU Scott’s Black, RdB, MB VS

5 Likes

Where are you located? This was the first year I’ve gotten a Breba crop from my Olympian. I’m in central PA. Olympian was my best performer this year and i did not protect or cover it over the winter.

2 Likes