Some Vegies and Herbs

Steve, I don’t have much experience with potatoes other than observing customers. This is the 3rd year I’ve made a serious effort, following the practice of farmers and also the guides from Clemson, UNC, etc. I’m happy with my yields but have nothing to compare with.

Tokyo bekana, along with amaranth volunteers ready for 1st round of harvest.

Time to trim the herb bed!

Looks great Richard!

Great looking garden Richard. It always looks so tidy and productive. I am a big fan of amaranth greens also. I am growing a burgundy amaranth for the second year. It was one of the few greens I had in the heat of summer and went into many smoothies. I tried collecting the seeds to eat but found it way too much work for a little amount of food. I then used the seeds to grow micro greens throughout the winter, which were good.

Keep up the great work.

I love it. There are volunteers everywhere for salad and stir fry mix.

The commercial growers of amaranth and quinoa seed have a methodology and choice of propagation climates that most homeowners can’t compete with. Take solace in the fact the leaves have a higher density of nutrients.

Janet harvested 7 lbs of Sun Gold cherry tomatoes today :slightly_smiling_face:

Incoming Cisneros tomatillo and Patty-Pan squash :slightly_smiling_face:

Watching things grow is more fun to me than bringing them to the table…for some strange reason. :blush:

I love baby squashes

Licorice

a

First squash of the season :slightly_smiling_face:

I love fine foliage, like ferns. This looks lovely. Have you tried using the leaves? I guess they will have that licorice flavor too (?)

No … but thanks for the suggestion. A new research project!

White flowers on our Adirondack Blue potatoes, and Lavender flowers on our White Russian potatoes!

I trimmed the overgrown potato vines in the tuber bed today :slightly_smiling_face:

Another batch of sungold cherry tomatoes

One of my favorites!

Fordhook Lima Beans

When you go out to pick some Italian flat beans and find your Patty-Pan squash has doubled in size overnight :slightly_smiling_face: