Steam vs. Press Juicers

Bought a big press years back. Works ok, but requires a lot of torque and doesn’t seem to get all of it.

Which is better between steam and press?

1 Like

There’s a thread on this subject somewhere on this site … maybe @clarkinks can help?

1 Like

@Robert @Richard

Depends what your juicing. Apples and pears seem to do very well with the bladder type juicer. Good options for small-scale cider press? - #41 by 39thparallel . As an example this is the farm of @39thparallel The 39th Parallel Nursery and Orchard! . Some of the apples in that orchard came from this project Seedling Apples for cider . Here are some photos of Mike and I using a bladder type press 2022 cider at 39thparallel orchard . Cherries and grapes normally do better with a steamer type juicer. These are sour cherries perfect for steam juicing Carmine Jewell Cherry Yields increasing with age

1 Like

I looked, but did not find much on the steamers. Everyone was using presses. I’m hoping to find some people that have used both to give me their opinions…

@Robert @Richard

Here is a thread showing a steamer juicer i’m using to extract juice from various fruits.

1 Like