Sweet Treat Pluerries

9 Likes

Congrats and thanks for sharing! The picture reminded me of the photoshopped ones that some nurseries use
http://www.thompson-morgan.com/fruit/fruit-trees/apple-and-pear-trees/stone-fruit-trees/T56849

1 Like

Just don’t over-water this tree, otherwise, the fruits will be mushy.

So I guess you don’t thin these like you would for a plum? Do you thin them at all or just let them be?

My sweet treats are ready as of today. The sugar twists are just finished and the sweet treats were not far behind. They do have different flavors and I can taste a hint of cherry in the sweet treat where I cannot in the sugar twist.

Sweet treat on left Sugar Twist on right:

4 Likes

Can you check the BRIX on both of them?

Sweet Treat Pluerry chilli.

7 Likes

Chili or chutney?

No brix measuring device present.

Mine I let stay on until they were a deep cherry red. I could really taste the cherry overtones in sweet treat. I know others had mentioned they did not enjoy it but I really did. The Sugar Twist had a wonderful flavor also but I could not get any cherry tones out of that one. It seemed much more like a pluot to me including the size.

5 Likes

Your sweet treat fruits looks so different than everybody. They should be very deeper red color . The flesh should look darker in color as well. The report from Washington grower did not mention about the crack even in heavy rain state.

2 Likes

Look right to me, a little unripe Maybe. I find that sweet treat is actually best when still crunchy.

2 Likes

This is a second leaf sweet treat and first fruit from the tree. I think I could have left on the tree for another week or so, but it tasted good.

6 Likes

I’ve been sharing these at work and they been a hit. My co-workers love them.

12 Likes

Here they are again. The flavor is like a very sweet peach with apricot after-taste.

8 Likes

They’re so delicious looking. What’s inside color? What do you think if compare with Verry Cherry Plum ? Thanks

1 Like

Verry cherryplum has both plum and cherry flavors when fully ripe, while at this stage of ripeness, sweet treat tastes like a sweet peach with apricot after-taste.

6 Likes

Thank you so much. Do you Seedling Verry Cherry Plum for experiment ?

1 Like

I might, but I’m mostly going to focus on planting my f2 peach x almond hybrids.

2 Likes

Sweet Treat from two trees. Taste slightly different but very sweet. Much better eaten cold than at room temperature.

7 Likes