Sweet Treat Pluerries

Strange! 2 trees with 2 different colors even the same cultivar and the same location. How about their inside color? Do you like Sweat Treat a lot?

3 Likes

The inside color are similar, the more ripe the more red color. I like Sweet Treat because the fruits hang on the tree for a long time. For the tree with the darker color fruits, we picked them from 6/2 when they were firm and lightly tart, until today when they are sweet and soft. They are small and freestone so it is easy to take and eat them on road trip. One of my sisters came by today. She is very picky about fruits. She tried and liked it a lot and took home some, so I think it is a good tree to have. We got one tree from Cal Poly and one from San Jose, both are from DWN.

6 Likes

How does sweet treat compare with candy heart? Thanks!

1 Like

Candy Heart is much bigger but mine are not ripe yet. Unlike Sweet Treat, it is only really good and sweet when ripe. If you like sweet and a little tangy taste, you will like Sweet Treat better because you can start eating it early in the season. I only had one fruit but I think Sugar Twist tasted the best even when not quite ripe, it is also the biggest.

3 Likes

My first year getting Sweet Treat fruit. I live in Zone 9a just north of Lake Pontchartrain north of New Orleans.

Great post hereā€¦i found my fruit starts to rot before turning any more than halfway red/blush. I donā€™t know why. They are edible but obviously underripe and not overly sweet. See photos.

I donā€™t know what is keeping them from ripening on the tree before going bad. It isnā€™t brown spot. I also have had s good deal of cracking/splitting.

Still I am happy with this Frankenstein treeā€¦i almost lost it but now itā€™s a small but healthy tree. Got 2 dozen fruit on a barely 6 foot tall tree.

7 Likes

4 Likes

My production its very low compared with this one, what do you think its best polinator?

1 Like