Sweet Treat Pluerries

Sweet Treat Pluerries will be ready by around June.

6 Likes

And some byMid July!

3 Likes

Mine look like the ones in the top picture. I tried one today, the sweetness is already there!

2 Likes

6 Likes

Very nice! I hope to get a taste of mine in a year or two!

1 Like

Your fruit looks fantastic weatherman! So, being an interspecific would the wood from this be graft compatible to plum, either euro or jap? If an interstem is required…what is the interstem?
I see it is listed as ok to Z6…this peaks my interest, but in your estimation is Z6 too cold for optimum fruit quality/production?
Do you know of any particular site(s) offering wood of these? I suppose that last question is conditional upon the answer to the interstem.

This is actually a Floyd Zaiger tree. Dave Wilson Nursery sells it on Myro 29c.

Raintree Nursery will have it during the 2016 bare root season. They are already taking orders.

Weatherman, what size are you keeping that tree?

It’s on a 12 gallon pot; it’s already 12 feet tall. I got it last year.

Just like their cherry parent, Sweet Treat Pluerries tend to crack after heavy rains. We had very heavy rains here in the High Desert for the past two days.

4 Likes

Oh no , I am living in the heavy rained area. So the sweet treat contains very high sugary because it easy to crack in the rain. Do you know what is its Brix? Itheweatherman ?

No, I don’t have a brix measurement on my pluerries, yet.

1 Like

Anyway I like them o lot. Can’t wait to taste . Thank you Itheweatherman .

2 Likes

7 Likes

What’s on the menu tonight? Seared Ahi tuna, roasted asparagus with a pluery demi glace?

3 Likes

Nothing on the menu for tonight. I’m at work right now.

I might make a pluerry-squid receipe for tomorrow.

3 Likes

You need some local meat to go with the local pluerries. Maybe something like pluerry-'dillo. :wink: :smile:

5 Likes

Ulises, I read that Sweet Treat needs 450 chill hours. Do you get that many chill hours where you are? I know you are in Southern California, but maybe if you are at a high elevation you get more than the lowlands. If not, does it do pretty well anyway? Thanks!

1 Like

I live in the High Desert; we get more than 1000 hrs, I believe.