Tillamook/Carmine goumi in stock at Whitman farms. (an they ship)

Tillamook/Carmine goumi in stock at Whitman farms. (an they ship)

I just received my beautiful 4ft tall Tillamook/Carmine goumi from Whitman farms. Yes they ship. It was packaged perfectly and the lady was great to work with. I can’t believe how big and healthy it is. Whitman farms is great!! Cost=30$ shipping=25$

YOU MUST CALL TO ORDER
(503) 585-8728
https://www.whitmanfarms.com/category/allplants/edible-plants/other/goumi/

9 Likes

Calling! cries in millennial

Thanks for the tip, I’ve been looking for this one. OGW got red gem and sweet scarlet back in stock, but not tillamook.

5 Likes

I don’t have much luck receiving non-dormant plants in the mail when it is 90F+ outside, but if anyone is closer to Oregon it seems like a good opportunity. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

I’ll give them a call. I wonder what the price would be to ship a few plants to Maryland would be. I tried to get them from burnt ridge this year but my order was cancelled and they sold out. I tried rooting hardwood cuttings (knowing it can be difficult) of some scionwood they had in stock, and I got a few leaves, but no roots. would really like some carmine

2 Likes

Are you planning on transplanting immediately? I’ve planted fruit trees with success in the middle of summer by pruning off all terminal buds…which was a trick I learned from Jim Putnam on YouTube and figured I would try since the previous year the tree I transplanted died from what I assume was transplant shock. But this year I got a couple bush cherries late and I am just keeping them in pots until fall just to be safe.

1 Like

Lucille of Whitman Farms in OR is wonderful nursery owner. Her products are good quality.

If you want plants, esp. unusual ones, check her out.

4 Likes

@Buckeye @jeremybyington @Bigmike1116

I edited the phone number its correct now

1 Like

@mamuang I agree she is great. The plant is beautiful

2 Likes

@Bigmike1116 it was only 25$ to ship mine to West Virginia

@jeremybyington im going to plant it in ground an keep it watered. Thank you for the tip

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered 2 mulberry trees from Whitman. Last week they are sending to California.
I was going to order a Morus nigra, Noir de Spain, but she said they will bear little fruit in California. So I ordered a Paskitan and White ivory. My own Pakistan mulberry was decapitated by Mr Squirrel.

1 Like

Thank you for the thread. I just ordered one to replace my Red Gem that the voles murdered this winter. Lucille said she has plenty yet.

3 Likes

Thanks again for sharing.

1 Like

does anyone know what her cell is? I called and it went to voicemail and the voicemail said to send a text to a number, but I wasn’t prepared to write it down and missed it, called back and someone picked up and told me to call back later

I would try texting this number: (503) 510-0486 and ask for a callback to place an order.

1 Like

yep! she actually texted me from 503-510-0486

3 Likes

How are your mulberry trees you ordered?

has goumi been hardy for you in z4b? in 4a its marginally hardy. my red gem got killed to the snowline 2 winters ago but comes back and fruits the 2nd year after.

1 Like

She will send this week, I have not received the email with my FEDEX number yet.

1 Like

Thanks to this thread I am finally able to find a goumi plant for sale!! I actually tried buying multiple time from them last year to no avail, but this time around they took my call/msg immediately haha…

2 Likes