Tillamook/Carmine goumi in stock at Whitman farms. (an they ship)

Yes. First winter out both my sweet scarlet and red gem saw -20. I did not see any winter die back that I recall. This winter was milder, but once again no die back except for vole girdle.

3 Likes

I was able to get in touch and ordered 2 yesterday!

3 Likes

voles got alot of things here as well but missed my goumi. thank God as it was just growing back from freezing to the snowline the winter before. anything below -25 it takes damage.

3 Likes

That’s interesting. I haven’t hit that cold here on the farm yet. My Kousa Dogwood have tip die back like that most winters. I did plant the goumi right next to the driveway where I snow blow on, just because I wasn’t sure of the hardiness when I initially planted them.

1 Like

i thought i lost them to the 3 days of -40 2 winters go but they only died above the snow. my northrup mulberry died to the soil line that same winter and its supposed to be z3 hardy.

3 Likes

Got my Tillamook goumi planted in the ground today

8 Likes

Just got my delivery today. The plants look excellent. A great value. Very few signs of stress despite the heat. I did get a mulberry and it looks so good in comparison to the specimens I’ve received from other nurseries.

2 Likes

I just called Lucille today, she was going to ship Monday but didn’t because of the heat, this is the last week for her to ship to California, I did ask for a refund if she cannot ship, she said she would ship tomorrow. We will see.

1 Like

I got mine on Wednesday the 5th. a bit shorter than the ones pictured that you got but likely a good thing as they could be stacked in the box (I ordered 2) for cheaper shipping. they look very strong despite shipping so far. I have them on the north side of my house on saucers and watering regularly. seeing a bit of inward leaf curl but I’m assuming the climate they came from in Salem OR was so different than what it is here in Edgewater MD so they are just a bit heat/humidity stressed. hoping they adapt in time. might try and get them in the ground today or tomorrow. pictured next to a 3 gallon jujube I received yesterday from edible landscaping.

2 Likes

@Buckeye
@Bigmike1116
@EliindaUP
@Natdcfruit

Hows everyone’s Goumi doing that ordered Tillamook from Whitman farms any new growth?
I planted mine in ground when it arrived June 29th.
No new growth yet but hopefully soon. Im hoping its not going downhill

3 Likes

Mine’s looking pretty good. Going through some transplant shock right now which isn’t surprising, I think that’s why the leaves on our plants are a little yellow. Been giving it foliar feedings of micronutrients to help it get through transplant shock. My son and niece just ate the very last goumis berries off of the sweet scarlet that you can see in the background.

3 Likes

not much new growth if any but they look fairly happy so I’m hoping they are growing great root systems that I just can’t see.

3 Likes

I have not yet planted mine out! They are putting on new growth and still look great in their pots, though. I’m hoping to get them in later this week. They’re destined to be interplanted in the rows of a back orchard that so far has currants and honeyberries.

Mine still in container also! Waiting for cooler fall weather to plant, in the meantime just feeding n watering it well. New shoots are growing from all the tipped cut branches.

2 Likes

mine got some tip damage from deer browse this week. nothing major but my focus was on wrapping my jujubes in a deer cage this weekend as they were hit HARD by deer browse. hoping the deer will ignore the goumis for another week and I can address their coverage next weekend.

2 Likes

Nice plant, she knows how to get results, how many times did you texted her to get her attention? i texted her twice now and i am assuming she is very busy as why i didn’t get a reply back.

Call her she almost always picks up.

2 Likes

@CoreFlex best to call her. She is super nice and great plants. I highly recommend

2 Likes

Burn Ridge Nursey has Carmine Goumi in 4 inch pots if anyone is interested just got a few days ago.

I was trying to buy from them, it seems next to impossible, i texted her, emailed her and called her. So i guess i’ll just give up this year, but she does do a good job cultivating her plants so if by chance you connect with her you are getting a nice plant for sure…