Tri-Lite Peach-Plum

Bix was 16.

Juice: Very juicy.

Flesh: Soft.

Taste: Similar to Arctic Jay Nectarine.

Aroma: Very Strong.

6 Likes

Looks great. I’m looking forward to trying some now.

2 Likes

Here they are again. I started picking them late-June. This one is from today.

8 Likes

Not freestone

1 Like

I have a bunch of them but i’m way behind you. I had them last year and enjoyed them. I thought they were good.

2 Likes

No.

1 Like

They are way better than nadia cherryplum.

1 Like

What can I say?

I loved them.

8 Likes

Very pretty too! I would like to taste one.

3 Likes

Are these still on patent? They look really good!

1 Like

They are now off patent.

2 Likes

The plum parent is red beaut plum.

2 Likes

Good news, thanks!

2 Likes

I had one in Southwest WA State. They tasted pretty good but I like regular peaches better. It had terrible peach leaf curl disease and died in a few years.

3 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

According to the patent, it’s parentage is: peach x ( plum x peach), or to be more specific, O’Henry Peach seedling, seed parent, times ( peach x plum), pollen parent. The plum parent is red Beaut plum.

3 Likes

@Vincent_8B, how’s your tri-lite peachplum doing?

2 Likes

Raintree let me know it’s not a good choice in Pacific Northwest, it will be very bad with peach leaf curl disease so I canceled to order at that time. I didn’t have any.

1 Like

Mine are pretty clean for no spraying (just permethrin early for PC)…a little spot on a couple of them. Not bad at all (nothing like Puget Gold cots). I’m a “little” behind you out in California. Mine is in a 25 gallon pot. Maybe a 15 fruit or so on the tree.

6 Likes

I just bought some Very cherry plums from QFC. They are great, very tasty and very sweet. I might like find room and order 1 to plant in next Spring. Do you have any yet?

1 Like