Verry Cherry plums

Bought some today at Wal-Mart. Excellent taste, looks just like a small plum, definitely a bit of cherry flavor.

3 Likes

Well Zaiger’s pluots have shown no apricot in genetic testing, so if it’s Zaiger, who knows what it is?[quote=“itheweatherman, post:37, topic:6400, full:true”]
Yes.
[/quote]

OK so that’s two that say no cherry taste and one that says it has some. Sounds like all the rest to me.

1 Like

Any source? That would be interesting to read.

1 Like

No cherry in the ones I bought…but I’m no super taster.

1 Like

I tasted one last year, disappointed, then threw out the rest after they quickly got mealy. “Cherry” in the name is a sales ploy. My expectations were to high, I guess. It tasted like a sweeter Sweet Treat Pluerry to me They must breed much more cherry flavor into these hybrid fruit in order to please the rest of us…

2 Likes

I likely them a lot last year. Mine never got mealy. They were quite firm and crisp. Of course they did t set around very long as my kids also loved them.

1 Like

I got them twice, loved the first purchase and the second purchase was still good, but softer and less flavorful (to my taste). I’m looking for them again this year, in my mind they’re a good fruit.

2 Likes

Those plums look like sweet treat pluerry.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought.

1 Like

That’s interesting. I’ve never had nor seen sweet treat in person. And from all account I’ve heard its only average. But I do like Verry Cherry so if they are the same I’d be willing to plant one. I imagined sweet treat being larger in size like a plum. Verry Cherry is significantly smaller than a plum

2 Likes

My Sweet Treat Pluerries are less than an inch in diameter, about the size of a cherry. The pits are larger than a cherry pit.The fruit on the tree was thinned too. Any cherry cherry taste is totally absent to me, just had one.

2 Likes

They had them here, today at Fred Meyer. I’ve been waiting for my Sweet Treat to ripen, so this was a nice finding. I think they taste like sweet cherries, only sweeter and they are clingstone. The size is a little smaller than the green Sweet Treat that are hanging on my tree now. Not bad at all for a store bought fruit. Much more meaty than my Shiro plums, which are about to ripen soon. Maybe on par with Hollywood plum but not as plummy.

5 Likes

I bought more today.

4 Likes

@Vincent_8B

2 Likes

I bought the same thing. On Sale $5 per pound.

2 Likes

The ones that I bought two weeks ago were $2.49 per pound, then I bought two more pounds this past Sunday for $3.49 per pound.

2 Likes

Depending on where you buy. I bought at QFC price always higher than some where else. The good thing is I have chance to taste them. The size of very cherry are about same size with my Nadia plum now. Cling stone but very juicy, very sweet like stored Flavor King Pluot to me. I will buy some more very soon.

3 Likes

10 of them aren’t taste the same. 1 of them was very plain, not very good at all. Wait until next day they getting softer, sweeter and juicier. Brix degree above 20, no tart or little on skin, tiny on the pit to me.
Please buy and taste them again for comparison with the others fruits for reference.

3 Likes

Do you planting very cherry seeds Ulises?

1 Like

I just came back from the store with some.They are okay,after trying two.Somewhat tart skin and can’t taste any Cherry.
The others will wait awhile in the fridge. Brady

2 Likes