Way to "follow" a member?

Hi, is there a way to follow a member? In other words I would like to see or get notifications when they specifically make posts or replies.

The reason for this is because I have found that some more experienced orchardists follow certain ideologies that I wish to practice.

3 Likes

There’s not any way that I’m aware of. The best I could suggest is to follow their activity. Click on their icon. Then click on the bigger icon that brings up. Now click on their activity.

4 Likes

Just to clarify, you are saying I have to do it manually correct? Is there a way to save certain people as “favorites”?

You see how if I want to see if certain people have posted I believe you’re telling me I have to first see one of their posts which kind of defeats what I’m trying to do.

A way to at least “favorite” certain members would be great because then I would be able to go into my list of favorites and see what they have been posting.

If I may request that feature I have it on other forums and it is quite helpful.

:pray:t3::green_heart:

2 Likes

Your request is noted. And it’s a good one. Right now neither is possible. I’ll see if it can be set up. @scottfsmith

4 Likes

It looks like there is a way to add this feature as of a few months ago. But I didn’t add it here. I will see if I can add it the next time I update the site.

Meanwhile if you PM yourself with the @names of all the people you want to follow you can go to that message, click on the @ and get their card , click the card to get their profile, and then click on activity to see recent posts.

11 Likes

Thank you!

I love this forum. In a world where we can’t do much without advertising and subscriptions being pushed on us this forum is a beautiful respite along with the garden!

9 Likes

I thought most came for fruit here…not fauscbuck stuff

Having the ability to see relevant information based on one’s interests seems like a reasonable approach to focusing on a goal. I think that’s what is being requested here.

4 Likes