What about the idea of a Regional Forum

I would enjoy having a regional forum. I experience some issues in my location that aren’t relevant to members outside my region, and there is no one near me on the member map. I don’t think that’s because there actually are no members located near me, just that they haven’t put themselves on the map, so I don’t know who/where they are.

2 Likes

This thread is an option for you. I highly recommend beginning a thread similar to the one I started for Pittsburgh if trading /local meet-ups or region specific challenges needed to be discussed.

3 Likes

Fo

Following in that pattern, I created a topic for the Pacific Northwest

2 Likes

@disc4tw Thanks for the idea and @MrClint thanks for creating the Cali Roll Call.

Pacific Northwest Fruit Growers has definitely been a good success with 20 users and more than 250 views on the first day.

@scottfsmith I think Pacific Northwest Fruit Growers and Southern California Roll Call have clearly indicated there is an interest in Regional Discussions. As someone in the topic mentioned, USDA Hardiness Zones do not tell the whole story. Portland, OR and San Antonio, TX are both 8b and I promise you, they aren’t even close regarding to what they can grow.

The two regional topics I mentioned above have been very successful but they are not easy to find - Ex see What about the idea of a Regional Forum - #41 by CA_Poppy.

What do you think about the idea of creating a new Category “Regional Discussions” and move those topics there?

Let me check with the admins on this and get back to you…

2 Likes

OK the admins have approved the idea. I moved over every regional thread I could find, and feel free to make a new one for your region or let us know if there is another one out there which we could move over.

In order to enforce a limited number of threads there I put creation of a new thread as moderator approval only. The list has to be short enough to be browsable. Note we don’t have to be mutually exclusive on regions at this point, maybe if we get too many we might need to merge but not necessarily to start with.

Here is the current list:

4 Likes

Mark, NAFEX is hosting a regional meetup at the Home Orchard Education Center southeast of Portland on Sunday, Sept. 10. Folks in this thread may be interested in attending. Here are the details: NAFEX Regional Excursion – Pacific Northwest – NAFEX

@LeslieWade
Here is an index to the Regional Chats topics on this site.

Your post would likely gain traction in this one:

1 Like