What are you ordering for 2022?

Interesting. Been about 15 years since I’ve been in Elizabethton…that could pass for my apple collection there except the size of the plants and the uniormity of the pots
is absent. LOL

Fairly lackluster year just getting some Joan j and cascade delight raspberries and some seascape and Albion strawberries…

2 Likes

Keeping my new orders this year short… with a big project coming up this spring, clearing land, new house build start…

So far have ordered…

Qty… Item
1… NovaMac Apple Tree on B9 (only rootstock they offered).
4… M.7 rootstocks
2… NovaMac scionwood
3… Pk of Prime Ark Freedom (Starks).

That is enough new stuff, considering all else that will be going on this spring and summer…

TNHunter

2 Likes

I decided to take it easy this year after many years of overdoing it.
I am getting the following
Bavay green gauge plum
Jefferson plum
Spice Zee nectaplum
Prairie sun persimmon
Prairie gem persimmon
Coco jujube
I think that’s it

Maybe a few others that I am forgetting

4 Likes

Will you be moving plants/trees to the new place eventually, or starting fresh? Perhaps a bit of both.

1 Like

Yes @AndySmith … some of both.

Working on rooting some cuttings from my CH Fig… to get it moved over to the new place… hoping to successfully graft some scionwood from my Early McIntosh apple onto m7 rootstock to get it over there… raspberries loganberry will be easy to propagate and take with me… but lots I will just start new and many hopefully better varieties based on information gathered here.

2 Likes

Hartland CherryDwarf
Flavor Grenade Pluot
Tri Lite Peach/Plum
Baby Crawford Peach
Spice Zee NectaPlum
Tehranivee Cherry
Rubinette Apple

I will also be ordering 50 grape vines for wine making but I am undecided as of yet. I have 360ish grape vines now. I will probably order Itasca so I can focus on making orange wine.

We had a lot of wind damage this year, a fence blew down and killed some trees and vines so I am ordering more than I expected.

2 Likes

I just added a Brookfield Gala to my order from WT. No variety information on their website. The little I found in a duckduckgo search said zone 3 and 18 days earlier than honeycrisp. Both of those numbers would work for me. Anyone else growing it?

1 Like

I received my 16 peach trees from Vaughn’s Nursery yesterday. I had to put them in a huge container with mulch, and dirt. It might me a month, or even longer before I will be able to plant them. I was very please with the quality of trees from this nursery. I am going to keep in the attached garage until planting time.

2 Likes

Those look like great trees!

1 Like

I got a shipment notification from raintree today for OSU columbia star, sunrise, giant blackberries. burnt ridge sent me a thing last week about finalizing my order and shipping this week

2 Likes

I got a shipping notice from Cummins, 1-2 weeks depending on when they get their shipment. Just 25 M.111 root stocks for me this year.

1 Like

I may do a couple grafts Sunday to get in in the mood. Be some time yet on the rootstocks…getting 100 B-118, some B-10, and some G-30.
Plus some pear.

Already got some blueberries and haskap…and some currants still expected later.
All my orders of scion have arrived except Big Horse Creek Farm, Lansing, NC.

2 Likes

Made a critical mistake. Went to a huge nursery today. Could not find a Satsuma mandarine they will be in soon, so I bought a very pretty variegated lemon as the leaves on the tree are very interesting. Yet another pot and another saucer. Stop me!

7 Likes

Sounds like the Fruit Bug is flying around and at it again!Maybe nurseries keep them in containers,then release some on unsuspecting customers.

3 Likes

Is this the variegated pink Eureka lemon? The tree looks fabulous. The fruit is variegated too and the pink color of the inside to boot! I can understand it was hard to resist :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No kidding! And the tree is in bloom and is already filled with baby lemons. Who could say no? Ordering another pot next week!

3 Likes

I have got for this year murcott mandarin and cadenera sweet orange, and arbequina, arbosana, picual and koroneiki olives and 2 plums and 2 peaches and 2 apricots.

2 Likes

Schlabach’s order came today, 30 trees in a 6x1x1 foot box, plus grapes. the trees are phenomenal, some of them unpruned because of the big box, and most of the peaches have usable scaffolds low which you don’t always get. the whole mail-only thing worked better than I thought. really happy to get “early star” cherry and a few of the new patented apples, and a nice spread of peach harvest windows

3 Likes

I picked up my order yesterday from Whiffletree farm. 11 plants total. The only problem was they did not have Prok persimmons for some reason. But they had for me Barbara’s Blush instead, I am very happy since it was my first choice. I ordered Prok only because they didn’t have Barbara’s Blush in their catalog. Here is a list of plants I got:
1x Barbara’s Blush persimmon
1x Nikita’s Gift persimmon
1x Cornus Mas Yellow (Yantarnyi) Cornelian Cherry
1x Jujube Autumn Beauty
1x Jujube Li
1x Jujube Confetti
2x Nanking Cherry seedlings
2x Currants Pink Champagne
1x Gooseberry Black Jostine (Gooseberry x Current Cross)
Also, got from them Spring blueberry fertilizer, Autumn blueberry fertilizer and Blueberry booster (acidifier)

5 Likes