What are your summer flowers blooming?

Rose of Sharon bushes bloomed very nicely

1 Like

One end of our front porch very sunny… marigolds… the other end is shady… impatiens… all along the front wave patunia.

I am more into growing things we can eat… but gladly help my wife with these each year. There is home made compost under those flowers.

TNHunter

3 Likes

An unexpectedly pretty wildflower/volunteer that started flowering after our latest rain right next to my patio. Anyone know what this one is?

EDIT: Google Lens tells me some kind of lobelia. Neat!

2 Likes

Hardy pond lily. I have grown (and prefer) the tropical pond lily but too much work trying to overwinter them. Hardy types you just leave in the pond. I have 3 different colors in there along with a bunch of goldfish.

4 Likes

@warmwxrules ,
My group of my friends in Thailand are now crazy about growing water lilies. Several new varieties are amazingly beautiful. They seem so easy to grow (these friends are no gardeners). I wish I could grow them,

1 Like

Red Volunteer daylilies taking over the bed.

3 Likes

Not sure what it is. Looks like kind of mums or in mums family. Appreciate someone can ID It. It originally came as a weed in a potted flower plant I bought from HD. But it bloom freely( bloom better than the plants I grow) and care free. I adopted it as a flower plant I grow now

6 Likes

The tropical ones are doable here, they bloom a lot and the blooms i think are scented, but if you try to smell them you might fall in.

Its lobelia, dropped from seed.

1 Like

Have an easy Sunday Morning, everyone.

4 Likes

Anyone know what this perennial is, please?

3 Likes

Hi mamuang, that’s yellow loosestrife. I have it too!

1 Like

Thank you. Need to get myself some. I have too many purple plants. Need yellow to contrast them…

If you find yourself in eastern Mass, come take some of mine! It’s coming for my red currant. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks. I am in Worcester County. Never a fan of driving to Boston or the metro area. Thanks for the offer. If you come this way, feel free to pm and stop by.

Feverfew ???

1 Like

I planted sweet peas this year since I had heard so many people speak fondly of them. They are finally flowering and are pretty, but I wish I was more impressed. They don’t really vine like peas and aren’t really stem flowers, so I don’t know that they’ll work as cut flowers. The flowers are nice, but not that exciting. Who’s growing sweet peas and loves them? Have some pictures to convince me to grow them again next year? Here are mine refusing to grow up around the bamboo tripod I built for them no matter how many times I try to wind them around.

4 Likes

Beautiful purple colored sweet pea and healthy looking plants. I have lavender colored sweet pea, not as deep purple as yours. I grow sweet peas for many years now and I love them. In general I grew mixed color sweet peas. they usually are about 3~4’ tall , have very pleasant scents. I use bamboo stickers that have branches still intact for peas to climb up. When they bloom I will post pictures of the flowers

1 Like

Thanks. I look forward to seeing them. The bamboo with branches intact seems like a good idea since they don’t seem to want to twine up the single poles.

2 Likes

They handle the heat ok?