What are your summer flowers blooming?

This is my favorite due to its vibrant golden stamens.

Our “heat wave” (temp 90 F or warner at least 3 days inna row) starts tomorrow until Wed. By then, my peonies will look tired and wilt.

This heat wave arrives much sooner than normal. We usually do not get into the 90’s until July.

6 Likes

Thank you, Ursula. I looked up Pink Jitterbug. It definitely did not look like mine. The Jitterbug was a lot more pink than mine even in an early stage of blooming. Mine had more white with some green on each petal. It was more green when in shade.

For sure you are right, the amount of pink rules out green halo.

I think I got it. Green Lotus peony. Thanks for mentioning Green Halo. It led me to other green peonies.

1 Like

My son smelling a rose - this one is Earth Angel and a winner for us so far.

Here we have Julia Child, also working great. Thanks for the recommendation @mamuang !

Catmint, oriental poppy, dianthus, peony, Siberian Iris, cinco de mayo rose

6 Likes

Nice to see your son stopped to smell the roses. My Julia Child is starting to bloom, too. It is a blooming machine to the fall.

The rose on the left is Double Delight. It smells wonderful. If you plant it next to your foundation, it will survive our zone.

8 Likes

@PomGranny

Living Easy roses. Very easy to grow and about 3 ft tall in zone 6. Bloom from now til late fall. If you like orange color roses. Somehow my camera lens could not capture the vibrant orange color it actually is.

10 Likes

@Monardella they made it through the winter and look ready to go!

6 Likes

Incredible! Understandable for a Sierra species, but not expected for this lowland one.

1 Like

They do have it listed as zone 6. This was admittedly a mild, dry winter, but I’m pretty excited. I’ll probably propagate it to try in some other spots in the yard.

Rosa carolina. They’re early this year!

4 Likes

The first one is a sunflower, I believe some kind of dwarf, dark, sunflower. And then there is Russian number 26 pomegranate, then add corn flour/bachelors button, and finally Cosmos

7 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Mammilaria cactus and the other i don’t know…

7 Likes

To all posters,
Could you please put the names of your flowers with the pics?

All the flowers posted are beautiful. I am sure most of us would like to know their names and/or their varieties.

Thank you.

3 Likes

No name rose. I think it ais a rose rootstock because all my roses turned into this type eventually. But it is diseases free and vigorous. Whatever it is, It’s a keeper😀

6 Likes

Tippy, beautiful rose! I really love its orange/aoricot color. Does it have any scents?

2 Likes

It is a rootstock bloom. I had three roses that did the same thing. They were Austin Roses too. I switched and bought self root rose plants.

Yup, grafted top died in winter but rootstock is hardy enough to survive and flourish. It grows like weeds so I will keep it as long as I don’t need that spot. I love DA roses too.

Annie,
I believe your rose is Dr. Huey.

Dr. Huey a Rose Sucker - Rose Notes.

1 Like

Tippy, I think you got it right. It has suckers near the main stock, its underground roots also runs 3 feet away and sending suckers out. Thanks for finding out the name for me. BTW I like the way that article described it

Dr. Huey is so commonly used as a rose rootstock so when grafted roses died, Dr. Huey takes over. I have seen it in many places. Often, the rose owner keep it because it is pretty and productive.

My Living Easy does not have fragrance :weary:.

My other orange rose is America. It is a climber. Pretty blooms and very orange. No fragrance!

4 Likes