What did you eat today - that you grew?

One layer is bread crumbs sauteed in butter with finely chopped onion, one clove of garlic finely chopped and a tablespoon of fresh dill. The second layer is sour cream one clove of garlic finely chopped, 4 hard boiled eggs salt and pepper, one table spoon finely chopped dill. I used a breville with a small bowl for mixing. The recipe is Dionne Lucas coulibiac of Salmon. (Smoked salmon is usually used but the smoky flavor is too strong. I like using fresh salmon.

8 Likes

Another blackberry crumble

8 Likes

The littlest kiddo asks to pick them daily and was very excited for me to make this again- with what berries did not get eaten as we picked :slight_smile:

4 Likes

First BLT of the season. Bacon, Romaine lettuce, and Rutgers tomato. Actually I ate two.

8 Likes

Just slice out 1st tomatoes, yellow ones called moonglow, and the kids just ate them up diced.

10 Likes

Just had a currant and gooseberry ‘tasting’.

Currants: Black September, Tiben, Ben Sarek, Chernaya, Titania.

Gooseberries: Amish Red, Hinnomaki Red.

Ranked in order of taste preference straight from the plants.

5 Likes

Strawberries.

2 Likes

Parris Island romaine. Excellent.

7 Likes

Strawberries, chives, basil. Tempted to eat the Sungold tomato , but didn’t.

5 Likes

First fruits,that are ripening.

Two different cultivars of Japanese Haskap from Maxine Thompson.I like the elongated one more.

Red Gem Goumi.

Carmine Jewel Cherry.Not quite there yet,but okay.

11 Likes

Sugar snap peas very sweet .

16 Likes

Whole mess of greens with backyard chicken eggs. Berries with rice checks.

8 Likes

Fabulous! Perfect lattice too!

First ripe tomato of the year… a SS 100.

Nice climax blueberries and the last of the Heritage raspberries this spring.

@Luisport … CDR is looking promising.
Hopefully it takes off soon.

12 Likes

That’s great! Usually this variety is a vigorous grower so it should grow fast to you too… :+1:

1 Like

All types of berries! Also got a quart of cherries, I forget what type, and Nanking cherries. We freeze a lot of these for later.

14 Likes

That is one beautiful cornucorpia of everything!

2 Likes

Just picked these blueberries.

5 Likes

The children have little salads of greens, flowers, herbs, and berries. There are also purple beans to add to them.

9 Likes

My blueberries are finally coming in. The little drought seems to have greatly benefited the flavor of the strawberries

10 Likes