What did you eat today - that you grew?

blackberry crumble

5 Likes

Strawberries by the pound. This was a particularly delicious flavorfest. It’s been very dry the past few weeks, so all the berries seem to have a more concentrated flavor than in recent memory.

After a strange yo-yo spring my greens are finally sizing up too, so have been enjoying a number of bma (bacon arugula and mizuna) sandwiches.

12 Likes

Alpine strawberries!

(I gobbled up all the really ripe ones)

7 Likes

That is a pretty strawberry!

Illinois Everbearing Mulberries. They are very good and juicy this year.

13 Likes

whole lot of fennel, baby beets, and the inevitable greens

8 Likes

Romaine and dino kale salad, first blueberries, lots of strawberries, several zucchini, asparagus at least two times a week and thinned carrots. Been a great year so far!

14 Likes

I’m getting my first garlic scapes. I’ve not seen enough to actually cull them en masse yet, but I randomly pluck them and munch while wandering the yard. Whichever garlic this is leaves me feeling I can breath fire after the first few bites. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sweet Cherries ( Van & Lapins ) picking that much everyday for last few days. Very fragrant and sweet :smile:.

20 Likes

a real salad. everything but the croutons came from within a mile of me.
tomatoes from the hoophouse, overload of lettuce and carrot from the garden, herbs and spices. the rest from locals, egg and ham and turkey slices, local cheese pieces, local dairy to make the ranch dressing.

13 Likes

With all of the garbage they are now putting in food I’m going the local route too. It might cost more, but it also taste better.

5 Likes

Wow, I’m jealous…planning to make some space in my yard for a couple of cherries next season. You don’t seem to have any squirrels or birds damage on your cherries.

3 Likes

I can see some bird bite here and there but no major. I have couple squirrels but did not notice any major damage from them. After eating these I am thinking to add a tree or two too .

2 Likes

Grew the fresh dill and basil. Did not catch the salmon!

13 Likes

What is between the layers of salmon?

I didn’t grow the passion fruit, nor raspberry of this tart. But it gives me a great idea of what to make with them. The tart from a local French bakery here was delicious.

9 Likes

That looks like something I could try with my passion fruit jelly that messed up the pectin for😃

2 Likes

North Star Pie Cherry

20 Likes

Oh man… that looked so good.

My longest running greens bed ever… started it last October. This may be last harvest… about half of it is blooming now.

12 Likes

got your moneys worth out of that bed id say.

3 Likes