What do you use for harvest baskets?

I have been curious what everyone uses for harvest baskets. As time passes and my harvests increase, I find myself needing more baskets/buckets/bins for things.

These are my ‘standard’ garden baskets. I hope to make some new ones this winter out of cedar and seal it with linseed oil or something.

For more delicate things like figs and pawpaws I have been using these metal baskets or little wicker ones.

9 Likes

We used a couple like this one.

But I wanted to make a few as well, similar like the second one in your pictures.
Cedar would look nice!

3 Likes

Some like this one.

5 Likes

5 gal ice cream buckets for 25 cents at local store.

5 Likes

i use the wide bottomed wickers for berries and big flexable rubber ones from TSC for apples and such.

2 Likes

Lidded rubbermaid containers for berries or figs, them and everything else into 5 gallon buckets. I’ll use plastic grocery bags or canvas bags if I’m trying to separate pears or apples by variety.

3 Likes

We usually use bulb crates for apples, peaches, pears, etc.

We pick and put berries that we are going to sell directly into pulp containers. Berries that we are going to use for jam or personal use are just put in 4/6/8qt bowls.

4 Likes

Plastic Kroger grocery bag. Hangs well off of fruit spurs 30 feet off of ground while I pick then easy to lower by rope.

1 Like