What fruits did you eat today?

Early Laxton Plums. 13-14 brix. Not bad, but a little watered down from all of our rain this spring/summer. We’ve recently had a week of good weather, but since June 1st we’ve had about 10 inches of rain. Still have a few dozen hanging on the tree.

Avalon Pride peach. My earliest peach. I had about 10 on the tree. They were still hard but had colored up and were a little bit aromatic. Yesterday, I decided to pick half before getting hammered by rain today. I’ll let them soften for a few days, but I tried one while still crunchy. 14 brix and good flavor. Hopefully the others don’t crack while on the tree.

15 Likes

I think at this point of growth, peaches won’t crack from rain but they will swell up and taste diluted.

2 Likes

Harken Pecah harvested today. Not too sweet but intense flavor.

26 Likes

Beauty plum. Watery with sour skin and overall unimpressed.

9 Likes

First Geo Pride Pluot this season.Somewhat soft when squeezing and so I picked the fruit.Only about 15 brix,nothing great.
With more heat coming,that should help.bb

15 Likes

Early Golden plum. 14 brix. Tasted good after a bike ride on a hot evening. I don’t need a whole tree of these but it is a nice early plum. I’ll keep grafting other varieties onto my EG tree but I’ll leave several branches as is. Hope I get a few more next year.

16 Likes

Verry Cherry Plum.

13 Likes

What store and how is the flavor?bb

2 Likes

I bought it in QFC today 7.19.19 most of time keep them in room temperature for a couple days before tasting. They are very tasty , sweet pleasant… in flavor to me . That’s why more and more people like them every year . You should get them and tasting again @Bradybb .

2 Likes

Plum time!
An old variety and Rainha Cláudia

12 Likes

Farmer’s market local Bing and Rainier cherries. 25 to 31 brix.

14 Likes

Triple crown blackberry.

17 Likes

Two Williams Favorite apples picked today off my tree. This is the first year of fruiting for that tree.

16 Likes

Ate few Lane muscadines today. I really like the taste sweet/crunchy/edible skin but it does have seed. Taste a little like the old seeded concord to me.

3 Likes

Those are nice looking apples.

1 Like

Thanks! “The farmer plants the seed, but the Lord makes it grow.”

I hope to get quite a few more than two from the tree next year, now that it’s bearing fruit.

4 Likes

PAF Blackberries, blueberries, IE mulberries, Celeste figs, cherries (store bought of course since I live in the south), Lane muscadine, Li jujube (not quite ripe).

3 Likes

Dwarf Namwah bananas, Emerald Drop plot, Methley plum, Deino apricot, Tropic Gold apricot, Saturn peach, and Mid Pride peach.

2 Likes

These are from top to bottom:Black Ice Plum,Honey Punch Pluot(could be Splash),Kuban Comet Plum and Raspberry Red Nectarine.

I liked the Black Ice,first time trying.Somewhat tart skin with good flavored flesh.
The Honey Punch(Splash most likely) is also a new one for me,was laying on the ground.At about 17 brix,the flavor was tangy.20 might be really nice.
Kuban Comet was not much at 10 brix.
The Nectarine was hanging in a protective organza bag for maybe a day or two and was staring to wrinkle.It had that deep,almost bitter flavor that they get from being over ripe,but okay at 15 brix.bb

14 Likes

White Currant .

14 Likes