What fruits did you eat today?

From looking at the picture I was thinking the dragon fruit on the left is going to taste better and have bigger seeds than the fancier looking one on the right.

In fact, they are close to in order of most likely to be appealing/interesting starting on the bottom left and going clockwise until you get to the center.

1 Like

@murky Your instincts are right on! The left dragon fruit did have the bigger seeds and was amazing. The lychees were great, I’m not sure what variety they were though. The cocktail pomelo on bottom was kind of mushy with lots of seeds but very juicy, kind of musty flavor. I haven’t opened the big pomelo (honey) or the papaya yet and taking the advice to let the Thai bananas ripen further

1 Like

Just been eating the last of the mandarins, apples, asian pears and pomelos. Can’t wait for the watermelon season. I might not grow any this year but my local farmers market sells the black melons that taste like a sweet melon sugar factory. They’re so good! Also can’t wait for the fig season. :blush:

2 Likes

Ahhh man those look amazing. I need to try them so I can get more trees that I don’t have room for.

1 Like

More raspberries

1 Like

i tried mamey sapote for the first time yesterday and it was horrible, tasted like a bad sweet potato.

2 Likes

Funny though, I have had fireblight in a couple other apples over the years but never Jonathan. One was Wolf River. I think that was supposed to be resistant.

Can’t talk about Jonathan apple trees without mentioning that my grandson Nathan read my tree sign and calls them “Jo-Nathan”. That’s so cute.

10 Likes

Is Chinese sweet pit apricot blooming later than those two other varieties?

1 Like

@Vincent_8B How’s the taste of the Seneca?

2 Likes

@tubig very bland and only a few fruits every year. I removed my Seneca plum 3 years ago.

1 Like

Cherimoya is back. Although I buy them now I started a small tree from seed last year. I let mine get almost brown skin before eating it. Talk about pineapple x banana candy flavors!

1 Like