What is everyone eating from their orchard today?

I made two sand hill plum cobblers we ate christmas day and sunday, some still left i think.

5 Likes

Feijoa, Araça una, yellow araça, araça do campo, sete capotes and Australian bush cherry…

6 Likes

This is Ora pro nobis and Kaffir lime leaves, yellow araça, sete capotes, mirtus communis, australian bush cherry, jaltomato, physalis and fuchsia fruits.

5 Likes

I took a JiLin and Korea Giant pear out of refrigerator. JiLin is still crispy, no sign of loss any freshness. Korean Giant is a little softer but still very good. I know what jilin is called now in China. My memories came back. I had this pear when I made a trip to China many years ago. It is called perfume pear for it has stronger aroma than most of Asian pears.

4 Likes

I had the same experience with Jilin! It stores as well as Shin Li, not losing any crispness. My Korean Giant are starting to somewhat soften too unfortunately. What’s the Chinese name? I’m assuming it wouldn’t be Xiang Li because that’s what the ones from Xinjiang are called.

1 Like

Thai dwarf mulberries and snowchaser blueberries coming in strong!

5 Likes

Thank you, that was a beautifully written response

I can never let my blueberries stay on to sweeten up not patient enough.

1 Like

One way to do it,might be growing a lot of bushes and by the time the last ones were picked,they will be riper.

1 Like

Had to try one of my apricots today as they are turning soft. Not ripe yet, too early. It still had tgat green flavor. Soon though.

White Gold

9 Likes

White Gold has become one of my favorites. Mine had the least amount of bug damage and rot of all my cherries. Thinking some of the others may get grafted over with it.

Raspberries and Blueberries.

7 Likes

I did some baking this weekend, with my blueberries. Made a ‘strudel’ and a pie with crumb topping. :yum:

11 Likes

I’ll be right over.

:grin:

1 Like

First Ripe Apple! Unfortunately it’s an Aunt Rachel. Not my favorite.
But, hey! It’s pretty. Came off on its own.

2 Likes

OOPS! This is a really really old thread of this topic.
I’m going to put my posts on THIS YEAR’s thread! Sorry!

A friend down South calls Aunt Rachel his favorite apple out of a huge collection. I gave it years and years here but was always a dud so gone, good-bye.

1 Like

I think it’s called 香水梨. 香水 2 words together is perfume. But I think it’s more likely, and directly from the Chinese words, a pear full of aromatic juice, or “aromatic (香)and juicy(水- watery) pear (梨)”. One interesting way to eat it is to freeze the pear for a couple of months and eat only after its color has changed to black. It’s a local favorite in some northeastern Chinese cities.

1 Like