What pears are quince compatible?

I got Quince A roots from Lawyer’s, they were pretty weak and more expensive than most other clonal rootstock they sell.

@JesseS
How are the rootstocks doing?

Update : the quince grafted to kieffer did fail in All cases after a couple years. The old saying is true which is that pear can be grafted to quince but quince cannot be grafted long term to pears.

All survived fine, some I grafted upon receiving them are now ready to get out of nursery, others from 2015 from Lawyers (RIP😯) were planted out blank, all survived and now 2.5 years later are nicely established, 1/2" caliper. I plan to top work them next spring to fruiting quince, and think they will push some nice enough growth to produce saleable whips in one season. Also thinking to propagate some of the wood, by rooting some of the cuttings. I also have some older A stock that I plan to start stool beds with, and some cold hardy selections(grafted on A)) from GRIN that I want to try rooting. So far I’ve been using these just for cydonia fruiting selections, maybe I will try some pear(Magness) or make an interstem on 97 with a few… if you want any wood, let me know.

I have a small tree of Harvest Queen on Quince from Cummins. It’s been in the ground for a year or two and seems okay.

I grafted 10 Pear to Quince I ordered from Cummins spring’18. I didn’t check compatibility before grafting but was aware some may not be viable. Buerre Bosc, German A, and Summer Crisp failed. Grafts that took, with various degrees of vigor, are : Luscious, Moonglow, Patten, Spartlett, Summer Blood, 21st Century, and Winter Nellis. I have grafted these to OHxF87 and OHxF97 as well and a few to OHxF333. It will be interesting to see how they do through the winter in the nursery bed in my cold climate.

https://www.ars.usda.gov/ARSUserFiles/20721500/catalogs/pyrcompatible.html