What Types of Scion Wood Can I Root?!

I have not used any type of humidifier other than those pond fog makers.
Some Amazon users gave it about 3 1/2 stars out of 5 as a consensus,for their purposes,which was providing a better environment for reptiles.
The water reservoir looks to be around 1 liter.
There is a dial for the control of humidity.
This may work okay for a small container,say about 10-20 gallons,but with something larger,I’d go with a more suitable unit. Brady
https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Reptile-Terrarium-Humidifier/dp/B0019IJXD2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476584169&sr=8-1&keywords=zoo+med+fogger

Peach Root Grafting:
As far as peaches and propagating, I recall reading a snippet in an old Pomona whereby a bloke digs down and severs a length of root from a vigorous and healthy peach tree, then grafts to that root a scion and has great success. If I remember correctly, he never lets the piece of root see the sun, grafts it right away, and gets it back into the soil quickly. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thanks. That was sort of my assessment as well just from reading with no actual experience. It seems way to small for my purposes. My enclosures are about 4’x3’x3’. I was hoping I’d find that Superfogger II somewhere here in the US. I may take another look at single room units to see if I can adapt one.

I have about that size setup,using a Mist-a-Matic and some spray nozzle mist heads.
Another way to do it,is to substitute the M-a-M with a timer,to avoid some expense. Brady

What humidity level do you set it for?

First week I start 100% then 80%

1 Like

I have successfully rooted Figs (dormant and non dormant) , Pomegranates (dormant) , Grapes ( American, Vinifera, Muscadine all dormant), Tomatoes, Peppers, Eggplant.

Tried to root but failed Peaches, Loquats, Apples, Plums and Pluots