What's flowering in your garden?

Hoosierquilt,
I have a question,
How are your Bella Gold peacotums doing?

And Patty,I have the same question about your Carmine Jewel and Crimson Passion. Brady

Okay, so. The Bella Gold. Did zero again last year, but then, I had a horrible year. Decided to give it one more year’s reprieve only because last year was such a zero across the board for me. It appears to be trying to bloom this year, so I will see if I can get any fruit set. If not, it will meet the shovel, and I’m going to put in a Tomcot. And Brady, my Crimson Passion did not make it. Twice. The Carmine Jewel is just about the last stone fruit to leaf out, and no fruit so far. It doesn’t take up much room, though, so it gets to stay for a while so I can see if I can get it to set fruit. :cherries:

It appears that mariposa plum and dapple dandy pluots are pollinators for Bella gold peacotum. I hand pollinated the with those varieties, and at this point, the fruitlets are starting to swell.

Well, Ulises, my Dapple Dandy is over on the other side of my yard, darn it. Maybe I will try to carefully carry over the the pollen and do a little hand pollinating just to see if I can get any fruit this year. If I like the fruit, I’ll maybe graft a branch of Dapple Dandy into the tree. DWN is saying Flavor Grenade Pluot, so I might pick it one of those as well, just to cover a couple of bases.

I lost most of my peacotum fruitletts to last week’s frost, luckly, one of the trees is still flowering.

I have peaches flowering. Technically, they are not in my garden so the post is a bit off topic, but I could have moved the vases to my garden for the photo. :smile:

1 Like