Where can I obtain Adara rootstock or interstems?

Can anyone tell me where to get or provide me with Adara rootstock or interstems? Adara is a plum rootstock for cherries and I can’t find any other mainstream rootstocks like this, which I could use to grow plums peaches and cherries on one tree, ,and I can’t seem to find it for sale anywhere.

No-one stools it or roots it. People on the group interstem graft with it.

We all know what it is, believe me.

Best regards.

Thank you. I didn’t think of the interstem thing but I can’t even find a scion of it maybe someone on the platform has some or access to some.

Lots of people have it. When you want wood, post a new message. Use the Trading Post category from the multiple category-selections drop down menu.

Thank you I’ll have to try that sometime.

I have several that I rooted last year with about 18” of growth this year, if you wish to pay the postage I could ship it once it goes dormant, alternatively you can buy the Puente from Fowler Nursery in Ca which is Adara grafted onto a Lovell peach rootstock, or you could root your own from dormant scions
Dennis
Kent, wa

1 Like

Thank you. I will gladly pay the postage when you can send me some scions.

Hi there! If you have any left over after sending to the person who asked first, I would love any that you could spare. I’ll gladly pay for shipping.

Danny

Hi Heath and @Danny, I will add you to my list. I have promised several people Adara scions. I Feb I will asses my ability to provide them when I cut them. I will need to supply first asking first, but will let you know. I actually have more Cherry plum scions that can be cut than Adara. I also have several one year old rooted plants of each. My experience is that they are equals when it comes to serving as an interstem, so let me know if you can use either before mid Feb.
Dennis
Kent, wa

1 Like

Hi Dennis, I will gladly accept anything that can be used as an interstem to add cherries to other prunus trees. I was looking to use some as interstems as well as using others as rootsocks for cherries to see if it improves my success rate with cherries in the Rio Grande Valley, Texas. I will be grafting all winter long until March, so February should be good for me. I recently bud grafted some cherries two weeks ago and they healed nicely. Our winters are very mild most years.
Danny,
RGV, Tx

If you have scion that works on plums for cherries. I will happily pay the postage for it.

Yes, I do have a mature CherryPlum which I have used often a number of years to graft plums to my sweet cherry trees that I have been top working. I can send you those, they work well on one year old rootstock material.

1 Like

Thank you.

Hi Danny,
Two years ago I rooted the following scions that now have vigorous roots. It’s a lot more costly to ship bare root plants, than scions but I would offer these for postage if you want a head start with rooted interstems that could easily serve as rootstocks for your cherries:
I have 1 ea Adara rooted and 6 Cp rooted, they vary in size from 1’ to 2’ tall. Let me know if you want them; they are nearly dormant now, will be totally dormant probably by Christmas. Probably could ship all 7 together barefoot with enough wet spagnum moss to keep roots moist for $20-$30 estimate.
Dennis

Dennis,

I will gladly accept your offer! I will send you a DM so we can discuss details.

Thank you,
Danny

Hi DennisD, I’m new and came accross your cheat awhile ago? But Im looking for adara puente scions to try to convert and old cherry tree in the backyard to peaches an plums as an experiment. Do you still offer adara scions? Or i can buy a few from you. Let me know if you are still offering them in this 2023 year also. Email skcrissx@msn.com Thanks

Hi,
I have already given away my surplus. It’s a bit too late now to cut more. You could try to contact @Marta to see if she has any.
If you have no luck this year obtaining scions contact me no later than Jan next winter and I will try to cut some to send you.
Meanwhile, to topwork cherry you need to cut back all of your scaffolds now, leaving only a couple nurse limbs so that you grow some 1 year old wood for grafting next year. It took me 3 years to complete my cherry conversions. So do that this spring as soon as your sap rises if you are serious about conversion.
Dennis

@Skcrissx not sure at the moment, check with me in the end of the next week after I’m done with shipping the orders from my current sale at reallygoodplants.com
This is the site where I was selling Adara in December

1 Like

Thank you Denis for your kind response. I checked Marta but do not see any sale for adara scions. I guess this experiment will have to wait this year. I’ll put a reminder on the calendar to contact you again in the fall. Mainwhile I’ll start cleaning the old cherry tree. I also check your your website too, but I did not see any adara scion for sale on the list. I’m assuming you don’t have any more?

@ Marta do you still have any adara scion left?