White and Purple Pakistan mulberries

They are loaded with large mulberries. Hopefully in a few weeks, I get to enjoy the super sweet 4 inches long mulberries. Yum.

Tony

There are also plenty brebas on the 100 plus potted figs.

Tony

14 Likes

Is white and purple Pak the same growing zone as regular Pak? Whats the taste difference?

I think they are growing in the same zone. I grow them in pots and overwinter them in my tornado shelter that never get below 30 degrees F. They tasted very similar but the white Pak is a tad sweeter but no staining and the bird leave them alone. I have to net the purple Pak though.

1 Like

Watch out for squirrels too. My neighborhood squirrels developed a taste for Pak mulberries. They’re way worse than birds

1 Like

Did you do anything about the squirrel issue? I can think of installing a large net to cover the tree, or have squirrel traps during the fruiting season.

Never mind. I found a very informative thread - Squirrels...@&$? - #29 by thepodpiper

This is amazing! Do you have any tips for growing them in pots? They seem to take crazy amounts of water in pots. What size container do you use and how do you prune to ensure production like that?