White Limbertwig

Since Limbertwigs are a hot topic right now :slight_smile: has anyone tasted a White Limbertwig? I have a nice 3 year old tree but no fruit yet.

4 Likes

White Limbertwig is very good here. It produces large, clean fruit that are crisp and and sweet/tart. Like some other Limbertwigs, it stores well and is at its best after a couple of months of storage.

4 Likes

I ate 3 yesterday. Sweet flavor, crisp, but not hard, has some give when you chew, almost spongy I guess you could say, moderately juicy, could definitely taste lemon in it yesterday but without the tart, have never tasted that in an apple before, overall a very good apple. Produces an abundance of medium sized apples for me. Zero spray and the coddling moths seem to avoid it more than most of my other apples.

3 Likes

Funny that you mention yours has some tartness to it. Mine have none here in northern Arizona. But then again the Arkansas blacks I had this year were incredible apples and had just a hint of tartness and very sweet. One of the best apples I’ve ever had.

1 Like

8 Likes

thanks for the descriptions and picture Jerry and Brian. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice looking Limbertwig.

First year for white limbertwig for me and I’m sure I did not pic it at the right time but I remember it being a very good balance of sweetness/tartness leaning a bit more towards the sweet side.

5 Likes