Who said "Cook, Pot, Cook!"

…near cucumbers enclosure that covers 5 cucumber bushes?

13 Likes

tried your trick with the black currant leaves. it works great! they stay nice and crisp.

1 Like

Just perfect Galinas!!!

1 Like

These parthenocarpic cucumbers are very responsive to the right fertilizer. I tried many different ones, but despite they created a whole vertical curtain 7’X12’ they didn’t produce a single cucumber, all female flowers just shivered and dropped until I found the key -“garden tone vegetables” 3-4-4. 3 days after application they got crazy and produce 11 quarts of pickles in one pick. And the most of the cucumbers are small to medium size, perfect for pickling. If I let them grow for one more day it would probably double the volume.

5 Likes

Nice job, They look great!

1 Like

Be wary! For I know who said “Cook, pot, cook,” and it didn’t end well.

A poor mother and her daughter lived at the edge of a forest in a small cottage. They had little food and were always hungry. One day the daughter went into the forest and met an old woman who was limping badly. The girl helped her get back to her cottage. Thankful, the old woman, seeing how thin and sallow the girl looked, gave the girl a little pot, and told her she would always have enough food if she just commanded it with the words “Cook, pot, cook.” It would cook up porridge until she said, “Stop, pot, stop.”

The girl took the pot home, and she and her mother, although still poor, could eat porridge whenever they were hungry, once the daughter said the right words. One time when the girl had gone out to do some errands, her mother became hungry, she said, “Cook, pot, cook.” She ladled out out some porridge and started to eat before commanding the pot to stop. As she ate, the pot kept on cooking. Porridge rose over the top and started to pour over the floor. The mother panicked and could not remember how to stop the pot from cooking. Now the cottage started to fill up with porridge. The mother tried to escape by standing on a chair and then on a table. The porridge kept rising. She finally climbed to the top of the tall cupboard. When only her head was above the porridge, her daughter finally came home. When she opened the door and porridge poured out, she cried out, “Stop, pot, stop.” The pot stopped, but it took a long time before the daughter could free her mother. Both lost their taste for porridge, and they never used the pot again.

Moral of the story: Mothers, when your daughter has something important to say, pay attention.

Second moral: Too much of a good thing, be it porridge or cucumbers, can be dangerous.

4 Likes

:grin: :laughing: :rofl:

Galina,
I like the look and your description of your cucumbers. May I ask what the name of the variety, please?

My potted cucumber plant has struggled. Look like nutrient deficiency with pale green leaves so I got the Garden Tone and fertilized the plant today. I’ll find out if my plant can be rescued.

Sure! Crispy Crunchy hybrid

3 Likes