Wildlife in our gardens

my neighbor up the street had his brand-new pellet grill destroyed this spring. the bear demolished it just to get at the grease pan.

3 Likes

they are amazing animals, and I sure feel better when I see one running away from me instead of towards me. I don’t think a bottle rocket would stop it.

2 Likes

black bear get scared easy, unless they’re really used to people. it’s brown bears that don’t care about a bottle rocket

1 Like

June bugs

Praying mantis

5 Likes

This is cool to see the fence lizard hanging, they are my number one source of pest control.

3 Likes

love lizards! when i was stationed in N.M i used to go out and catch horned toads. i had one in a terrarium in my room for a few years until i was told they were protected so i released him out on the golf greens. figured hed appreciate the moisture there.

1 Like

Took a minute . . . A rose?
Like ‘Where’s Waldo’ - fun foto.

1 Like

Before I delete this picture(I’m running out of space), I thought it’s cool, to post it here. It’s brutal to be a male praying mantis.

And this one

6 Likes

This is in my in-laws’ garden, but I’ve never seen a spider like this… the pattern looks like a ghoul or demon!

Google lens tells me that it’s Argiope aurantia, the yellow garden spider, which I guess is less common in western WA but more common here in NY.

10 Likes

I have one in my bedroom window at present. I love them! This one made a nest in one of my jujube trees 2-3 years back.

12 Likes

Opossum getting apple.

8 Likes

Radiactive lizards in Miami???

5 Likes

We’ve had tree frogs living in the bucket used for drip irrigation. Its so cool how they change color depending on what they are sitting on. Never though such a creature could be found in the midwest! This year they decided to spawn in our kids’ little pool several times. Kids helped me scoop the tadpoles out and dump in local pond with the at least 3 times.

7 Likes

Nice to see the native green anoles haven’t been totally wiped out by the invasive brown ones. At least I’m pretty sure that’s what that is?

Who’s been visiting us while we were away for a week? Sadly, there were Barred Rock feathers not far from the scat, even though the chickens were penned up.

1 Like

Technically you’re correct

crab spider. He was eating a bee yesterday.

14 Likes

One of my babies!!! Been breeding frogs lately

12 Likes

I have so many frogs and lizards you cant walk 100’ without seeing little penny size baby frogs and at least one lizard. I love seeing them and they eat a lots of bugs, I hate mowing the grass but the Cattle Egret don’t let anything go to waist.

Here’s the smartest and luckiest frog I have. She hang outs on my florescent bug trap with a couple friendly lizards.

10 Likes

How about this melon hugging fence lizard, baby one.

7 Likes