Williams Pride.Very good this year

I like that they ripen a few at a time.

19 Likes

I think they are very good as they ripen. I like them cold:)

2 Likes

The fruit in the picture look real nice. How has your tree done for you as far as disease and growth? I have a small William’s Pride and this year I let it set four apples. My fruit are still green and only about the size of a fifty cent piece though.

3 Likes

My tree has been disease resistant as of now. At my location the fruit will quickly become over ripe so I prefer to pick a little earlier than the ones in the picture.

3 Likes

In my experience, ripening time for WP can span 6 weeks. Good for home gardeners as we do not want to eat them all at once.

Mine can get quite dark red if let hanging for a while. Our climate is cool enough that let WP hanging a long time does not have any negative effect on the fruit. It is good for an early apple.

6 Likes

@mamuang
This is the first year that I embraced the staggered ripening period. I’ve been selective picking one each day for about three weeks making this an early ripening apple.

2 Likes

Beautiful! They look great!

1 Like

I have a little dwarf Williams Pride. Two little apples this summer . . . both looking good. I love the wide angles on these trees. Especially after dealing with an Ashmead’s Kernel - where every branch shoots for the sky!

3 Likes

I had also noticed the wide angled limbs.

1 Like