Zinnias

5 Likes

8 Likes

I like Zinnias I grow them every year.

5 Likes

Beautiful! I love Zinnias! :two_hearts:

1 Like

6 Likes

My zinnias have done particularly well this year. Usually they get powdery mildew and I have to pull them early. But these year they’re still going strong. I’ve been really pleased how they’ve done with very little rain as well.

1 Like

My grand others and husbands fav flower!

2 Likes

I love this zinnia. Is this the peppermint stick ?

Pretty! Zinnias.

1 Like

Always been a big fan of zinnias…love all the variation in colors. My seedlings all got burnt up last spring so i had none. Next year.

Mine are simple ones.

6 Likes

We grew a bunch in the garden one year, we had butterflies everywhere! Then i had a bunper crop of catapillars eating the mulberry tree. Beautiful flowers, big plants, fun to grow!

1 Like

Zinnias are so easy to grow and the color range is amazing, not to mention the different shape of the petals. Each flower is so unique. ! A cheap packet brings forth so much beauty to the garden.

2 Likes

From a pack marked Candy Mix. Both pictured are from the mix, from Park Seed.

1 Like

Heres my little zinnia patch. I used forecast seed this year. They are mostly single flowered. Queen lime red was ok last year. I’m in a few flower growing groups and it seems like all the florists love the queen lime series. It was a little washed out in color for me but i guess i just prefer the boldness of the traditional zinnias. I grew El Dorado last year also which was a lovely bright golden orange double flowered, super tall variety.

It seems there is almost always a monarch or painted lady butterfly on this patch, which makes them even more enjoyable to grow! One new thing is that finches have noticed the seeds. They rip off the petals to get them, which makes the flowers quite a bit less attractive!

3 Likes