2020 berry and harvest report

Maybe a bad batch? Mine have been incredibly tolerant to the extreme heat and freezes. I would say equally hardy to my heritage raspberry which has been my most reliable and is the raspberry most recommended for my location. Definitely worth getting another.

1 Like

I had just received and transplanted two weeks before, it was barely a foot long.

1 Like

Any of my overripe caroline are just loaded with swd squirmies. I haven’t sprayed them and won’t this late in the game. I try to pick them while still firm.

1 Like

just extra protein. :wink:

2 Likes

late reply, sorry! i think the CG in the ground produced a bloom or two. but no fruit. will be looking to replace them soon.

1 Like

Some great looking berries. Makes me hungry for some fresh raspberries off my canes.

I am in Zone 9b, California as well, and thinking of planting some raspberries (Fall Gold, Anne and Caroline). Do you have any SWD issues? Wondering if I should just consider June bearing instead of ever-bearing.

I’ve had only very minimal impact of SWD so far. Not sure if it’s only a matter of time. As for varieties, Fall Gold is excellent. I hear Anne is good too. Caroline is way too vigorous and can be great for processing but too tart for me eating out of hand. They have a tiny window when they taste great but spoil quickly right after and sensitive to sun. I’d recommend BP1 or Josephine. I tasted them at @Girly’s place and they were fabulous

Good to know, thanks. Fall Gold is available locally, but not able to find BP1 or Josephine anywhere online. Do you know where to buy them?