2020 Buds, Flowers and Fruit!

6 Likes

My first harvest at my new house! From my eastern prickly pear. Tiny fruit, not a lot of pulp, but amazing flavor.

9 Likes

Lemon guava season starting. Like I said in another thread, if you can put up with the fruit size, these are great in all other aspects - productive, creamy, sweet, cold hardy and soft-seeded (for a guava).

I thinned these by 50% and the fruits are more uniform and slightly better tasting. I should be more aggressive next year.

9 Likes

Hardy hibiscus still blooming

7 Likes

Picked today… :blush:

9 Likes

11 Likes

What figs are in the first picture? That persimmon looks very ripe and juicy :yum: Looks like you’ve got a bountiful harvest rolling in!

1 Like

Hi! Yes i’m really happy today! For the first time i eat che fruit and kiwi baby… we love both! The figs are pingo de mel. They are very sweet and the seeds so tiny that you don’t sense them… Yummy! :yum:

3 Likes

These fell off the trees today. The two GR were not ripe, too early for it.

9 Likes

First fruit from my second-leaf Parfianka. Clearly under-ripe but I’m surprised the seeds were not that much softer than Wonderful! I wonder if the tree was mislabeled. Is this expected given the ripeness and age of the tree? @Stan @bleedingdirt, what’s your experience?

7 Likes

That doesn’t look like Parfianka. If I remember right, the arils are supposed to be blood red.

I thought the arils will be pale (like Stan’s was few weeks back) if the fruit is under-ripe

But then the fruit wouldn’t crack. Unless you overwatered the tree. The fruit is quite big too, so it is close to, if not ripe.

This is how it looked on Nov 24th, 2015

10 Likes

I see, its possible it is mislabelled. I bought it from FourWinds and had a DWN tag that it is Parfianka. I will watch it for one more season and top work it.

1 Like

Every time I go outside this is my snack :sunglasses:

14 Likes

Similar here - Guavas and (last of the) figs keep me interested until the persimmon season starts here! I get bags of Jiro fuyus dumped by my neighbors until I turn orange :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Golden and purple pepino melon

6 Likes

How do they taste for you? Every time I buy pepinos in the store, they’re pretty uninspiring.

2 Likes

Hello my friend! My plants have very good quality. The usual ones are more sweet that purple, but my golden pepinos are sweet with pear/melon flavour. We love them!
But pepino melon have very variable flavour.

2 Likes